Fender bought Jackson!

TekChef

Thrashing Chef of Doom!
Aug 23, 2002
Twin Cities, MN
Visit site
It seems Fender has bought Jackson...
:(

I hope they don't screw it all up and "Fenderise" Jackson.

Bussiness is about making money, but Jackson did it by making awesome, high quality guitars, not by mass production and selling lots of crap.

I again, pray this is not the end of Jackson quality..because if so, BC Rich, here I come.

I fuckin' hate Fender...never understood why everyone was so apeshit over them. They make really good rock guitars with good smooth tone, but I'm not a plain rock musician. If I played with Bon Jovi, then maybe I'd have a different opinion, but I don't. Great blues and rock guitars, piss-poor for metal. I played them on several occasions, hoping to have an epiphany...like maybe everyone else knew something I didn't. Boy, was I wrong. I'll stick to my Jackson, B.C. Rich, and ESP over Fender ANY day. Like you said, they better not screw up Jackson, or they'll have alot of people pissed off. Most heavy artists these days play Jackson exclusively, with the exception of B.C. Rich and ESP, of course. But even artists with endorsement deals with the above mentioned names still play Jacksons. They better not fuck this up.

Let's remember that this is still a _rumour_. There has been no official word about it and even if it is true, I don't think there's any reason to speculate about the outcomes yet. It seems a lot of people are loosing their heads over the whole thing and it sickens me.

I like Jacksons a lot and I dislike Fenders as much as anyone else, but all this blabbering isn't going to make things any better whichever way you look at it.