Fender Roc Pro

dabhoys

Oct 12, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
I don't know if anyone else has any expericence with these but I picked one up not to long ago for next to nothing. Its a savage little amp. It's got the lovely fender clean but also a excellent overdrive channel that is driven by one tube.

I got some new tubes for my Dual Rectifier from Eurotubes and also asked the guys there about a replacement tube for the Fender and the one they gave me was perfect. It's a tasty little amp. I'm hoping to put up some recordings in the near future of it.

Fender, eh?... any seen.. or more to the point heard, their Metal Head? looks a bit toy... but who knows.
fenderMH500metalhead.jpg

I haven't tried one out yet. They stop making the roc pro's a while back. Great little practice amp all the same. Loud as fuck and can also be patched direct into a 4x12 cab :)

James Murphy said:
Fender, eh?... any seen.. or more to the point heard, their Metal Head? looks a bit toy... but who knows.

The look of the thing kind of puts me off it but I'm going on a new amp hunt soon (the rack set-up is just TOO heavy) so I'll check one out if I get the chance.

ive used this amp for a few months at a practise space, i really like the dirty sound on it, it surprised me coz i thought it was gonna be a piece of shit, but its good.

I've got a roc pro 700 combo amp and a roc pro 1000 half stack that I use in the studio. The cabinets are a little bit indistinct and the amp itself is a bit tinny and high-endy but if you split your guitar and run through it and another amp, it's friggin' great and you can use the Roc Pro track to brighten up an otherwise muddy or dull track without having to use massive EQ. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person on the planet who's got one :headbang:

Tim

It sounds alot nicer running through an external cab and also with a nice moded ts-9. But I'm going to be working on some tracks soon I'm going to try blending the roc pro along with my dual rect. Could be interesting :)

I used to have one ages ago for a back-up. It's a solid state amp with a tube druver in the preamp. They sound surprisingly decent for the money. Not too bad at all.