MESA: Triaxis vs. Rectifier recording preamp

SliderJeff said:
Any other bands besides Textures that are using the triaxis currently?

The other guitar player from my band uses a Triaxis (into an InterM PEQ-9115 Parametric EQ and a Peavey Classic Series50/50) and I've always loved his sound ! You'll soon be able to hear it on disc I hope when we'll finish the recording :D

hey jeff- I got that info not only from pictures from the studio but also via discussions with the guitarists and engineer from that album, it was miked with a tlm103 and a 421, all triaxis and only double tracked(two mics per track obviosly)

it's definately some pretty awesome tone on that disc!! very tight and refined :headbang:

peace

-j

James,

Thanks for the info. If you still have the emails/forum links/whatever from those discussions, I'd love to take a look at them. It seems that I looked for a forum on those guys but never found anything... closest thing I think was their guestbook which I believe was pretty much all in Finnish. I barely speak English, let alone Finnish. :)
Thanks, dude.

Later,
Jeff

sorry I lost all my emails with the info and pics but I assure you the info I gave is correct, as I saw the studio setup pics with my on eyes.

I think the c.d booklet had all the engineer and band member emails ,so me being the checky bastard that I am I just emailed them all :p

the engineer in particular was very friendly and helpful, he was just about to finish/start a masters in music production at the time.

peace

-j

No prob, James. I hope I didn't come off as doubting what you said when I asked about the emails. I just wanted to save them in one of my mail folders that I have lots of production/recording tips and tricks in. No prob. I'll dig up the cd and see if any of the emails work any longer.

Thanks,
Jeff