Mesa Rectifier

Forbiddenevil

Sep 17, 2003
Germany
www.delirious.de
Hi Andy and all other,

I have a Mesa/Boogie Rectifier with Rectifier Box or Marshall 800 Box, Tube Screamer.

Tracked with 57's.

I experimented already much, but I do not get good sound from the amp.
Has someone a good tipp for a better result???
Treble ,Mid, Bass, Presence etc.
On the back it gives also so much for adjusting.

Need help :loco:

Thanks

Hi, :wave:

I don't really know witch it is, I think I bought it 94/95.
It is a Dual Rectifier (two channels), the same as the 19'' rack mount thing.
The box is a Rectifier Standard.
Two 57's are placed. One is exactly directed toward the loudspeaker and the other 5-7 cm to the side.
If I do it with an old Marshall amp (one channel with Tube Screamer), it sounds good.

On the backside, which is the best setting for
Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)
Vintage, High Gain or Modern High Gain
Tube/Silicon Diodes

regards :headbang:

Dont switch the bias select or you will fuck your tubes. The el34 and 6l6s are completely different tubes and whichever tubes you have leave it switched to that.
I ususally use modern for my distorted shit i normally have the gain at about 2 o'clock for recording high about 2oclock mids 12 oclock lows 10oclock and presence bout1oclock and i rekcon that sounds pretty good
oh yeah i use the tubes instead of silicon diodes. Thats the whole point in owning a rectifier.
What tones you get from my setting are prolly going to be different depending on what brand of tubes you have. Even if they are mesa they rebadge a fair few different types

Have a look at your Power amp tubes, (the big ones) it should say EL34 or 6L6 on it, make sure that matches, it's probably 6L6's if you havent changed anything.
Try both 57's, one a centre of cone about an inch away from cloth, the other the same but about 2 cm difference, and blend this one in till you like the mid range its adding.

OK , just for you guys, cause you keep me entertained, heres the Loomis settings from the nevermore album
Silicon / Bold
Master 10 oclock, presence 12.30, bass 11.30, mid 10 o clock, treble 11.30 , gain 12.30

Red Channel

Tube screamer drive 9 oclock, tone 10 o clock, level 12 o clock

This was a brand new dual, out the box.

This was through a standard 75 wt Marshall cab and a gtr with emgs, obviously it's never going to sound the same, and don't take these settings as gospel, just try them see if they get you in the ball park

Hope this helps

Hey Andy,

While you are giving up secrets, any chance you also give us the 5150's settings ? ;)

Thank you

Brett

P.S. : I tried the Rectifier settings with the Tube Screamer, and I could hardly call this a distorted sound, very little grain (not tried though 57 yet though). Well in fact it is a distorted sound, but very slightly... Is this normal or am I missing up things again :loco: ?

I know this is an old thread!! But Andy, If you are reading this what do you think of the rectifier preamp and the 2:100 poweramp together??? I have both and get good results just not... pro... i guess.

Wow, this thread is ANCIENT

band5.jpg

:lol:

Hahahaha, I presume Ancient is the name of that band (never heard of 'em), in which case well played :D