Festival setlist, whats your opinion?

arvoitus

Dec 12, 2006
The Netherlands
What do you guys think of the new set list?

• Hate Me!
  • Children Of Decadence
  • Living Dead Beat
  • Bodom Beach Terror
  • Mask Of Sanity/Deadnight Warrior mix
  • In Your Face
  • Angels Don't Kill
  • Children Of Bodom
  • Are You Dead Yet?
  • Needled 24/7
  • Sixpounder
  • Downfall

I think its great that they put Deadnight warrior & children of bodom but sad to hear that were not gonna fall isnt in it. Imo they could have skipped COD or IYF
But still, great list :D Gonna see them at graspop metal meeting!

What do you think?

Skip Children Of Decadence? Are you insane? More like leave that in and skip AYDY or Angel's Don't Kill.

That setlist looks just like a mini version of the one they were playing on their '06 US tour a few months back. It's quite cool.

I really hope that this is the right setlist. Maybe one song is missing but at least the first three and the last three songs are in the right order. Let's hope I will get some confirmed setlist soon. Maybe the Finnish setlists will be longer.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed that they opened up with Hate Me! because they did that very often in the last years. Follow The Reaper as opener would have been a great choice.

Hm, FtR as opener.. might be interesting. But I don't expect any band ever to make a better opener song than Living Dead Beat. And I think it's great they're playing Children of Decadence. Did they play the solos they skipped last time? My guess is they will play a new song in Finland, definitely. I'd like more rare old songs there rather than just the same ones always, but Children of Decadence and Mask of Sanity make up for that at this point imo because they're spending their time rehearsing new songs.

for me is just a great setlist,betting back some old classics and not so known songs.and I was a bit fed up about starting always with sixpounder or LDB.what I think it's a dream that will never come true is them taking downfall out of the setlist,or at lesat not finishing with it.I'm fed up of this,it's just boring.you know that there's always going to be a song whose position and name you know,and I hate this.

what I think it's a dream that will never come true is them taking downfall out of the setlist

:lol:

I never liked that song because it's quite boring, but later on I've started to appreciate it's some sort of musical geniousness. But yeah, it's not worth finishing every gig.

But you have'to philosophise a bit: they can't always play the same gig, and 99,9% of fans will be disappointed not to hear Silent Night, Bodom Night, and even so they've left this song unplayed.

Skip Children Of Decadence? Are you insane? More like leave that in and skip AYDY or Angel's Don't Kill.

That setlist looks just like a mini version of the one they were playing on their '06 US tour a few months back. It's quite cool.

thats what I was thinking. Children of Decadence is one of Bodom's best song imo. People are lucky to see them play that song live.

Joonas, you sure are "certain" that they will play a new song... I do remember you saying that a week or so ago and, you were proven wrong.
I hope you are wrong again, just so I can laugh at you. But then again, I hope they play something new.

^I actually thought they wouldn't spoil it by playing it "in vain" at some concert that includes Linkin Park fans, but I bet your ass they'll play it at Tuska.

• Hate Me!
  • Children Of Decadence
  • Living Dead Beat
  • Bodom Beach Terror
  • Mask Of Sanity/Deadnight Warrior mix
  • In Your Face
  • Angels Don't Kill
  • Children Of Bodom
  • Are You Dead Yet?
  • Needled 24/7
  • Sixpounder
  • Downfall

December 2006

1. Hate Me!
2. Children Of Decadence
3. Chokehold
4. Sixpounder
5. Living Dead Beat
6. Are You Dead Yet?
7. Children Of Bodom
8. Needled 24/7
9. Angels Don't Kill
10. We're Not Gonna Fall
11. Mask Of Sanity/Deadnight Warrior mix
12. Bodom Beach Terror
13. In Your Face
14. Downfall

:erk:

It's almost the exact same, and I've already seen it twice, two days in a row. I really hope they change shit up, or go back to the kind of sets they played when I first saw them, anything like this would be nice:

March 2006

1. Are You Dead Yet
2. Bastards Of Bodom
3. Warheart
4. Towards Dead End
5. Needled 24/7
6. Angels Don't Kill
7. Hate Me!
8. Everytime I Die
9. Lake Bodom
10. Chokehold (Cocked 'n' Loaded)
11. Follow The Reaper
12. Mask of Sanity
13. Hate Crew Deathroll
14. Living Dead Beat

Pretty good considering that they really suck at varying their setlist. It wouldn't be so hard to make changes that would make people feel like they are actually watching a different show than the one they've seen X times already and have on DVD; thumbs WAY down for opening with HM and especially for closing with Downfall. Also, it's a pity to see that Trashed or If You Want aren't there even though the band has been planning to rehearse them in live shape for a longer time. Nevertheless, I think it's overall a solid set which offers the safe hits and also a few rarities; we should be really happy to see Mask, Decadence and COB.

Pretty good considering that they really suck at varying their setlist. It wouldn't be so hard to make changes that would make people feel like they are actually watching a different show than the one they've seen X times already and have on DVD; thumbs WAY down for opening with HM and especially for closing with Downfall. Also, it's a pity to see that Trashed or If You Want aren't there even though the band has been planning to rehearse them in live shape for a longer time. Nevertheless, I think it's overall a solid set which offers the safe hits and also a few rarities; we should be really happy to see Mask, Decadence and COB.

I think they're saving IYWPPFW, TLS, Knuckleduster and songs like that for their next big headlining tours. Because they really do need to change up their sets. I hope/think they're gonna add a few songs from the next album, plus the ones I just mentioned that they already said they were gonna start to play live.

I think they're saving IYWPPFW, TLS, Knuckleduster and songs like that for their next big headlining tours. Because they really do need to change up their sets. I hope/think they're gonna add a few songs from the next album, plus the ones I just mentioned that they already said they were gonna start to play live.

Yeah thats true...very good theory IMO :D

Once they unleash new songs, I hope they still play these:

Mask Of Sanity
Children Of Decadence
Children Of Bodom
Trashed
Knuckleduster
If You Want Peace..
Punch Me I Bleed

Once they unleash new songs, I hope they still play these:

Mask Of Sanity
Children Of Decadence
Children Of Bodom
Trashed
Knuckleduster
If You Want Peace..
Punch Me I Bleed

They don't play most of those now... and the ones they do I've seen them all many times. They definately need to lose MoS, I've seenit played everytime I see them. I want songs like SN/BN re-added.

They don't play most of those now... and the ones they do I've seen them all many times. They definately need to lose MoS, I've seenit played everytime I see them. I want songs like SN/BN re-added.

Yeah SN/BN is great...if that setlist is really the one then i think WTF...u cant open with Hate me! it shoud be living dead beat! Another great song id like to see them pull off live is TDE :)