Festival Virgin

evilnell

Mar 25, 2003
Liverpool
Visit site
Ok, I admit it. I've never actually been to a festival. However, I am VERY interested in this Bloodstock extravaganza!! So, does anyone have any advice for a festival virgin? Is there any thing i should take with me? More to the point is there anything I should avoid?
Also, what we're other people's experiences of their first festival and who did you see?

Thanx, Nell

If Bloodstock is to be your first major show then you have made an excellent choice!! The only things you'll need to get you through are a ticket and some (well actually plenty) money!!! Buy plenty of beer, shirts and cds........get them signed if you want ;) and watch some damn fine metal...........what else could you possibly want?!

As for my first fest, it was waaaaaaay back in 1988 and twas at Donington......ah Donington...when i were a lad
lol.gif
The bands on were Helloween, Guns n Roses, Megadeth, Dave Lee Roth, Kiss and headlined by Iron Maiden. Guns'n Roses were second band of the day.....next time they played the UK they were headling Wembley Stadium!!!!

The good thing about Bloodstock compared to ye olde Doningtons is you don't have to worry about getting hit in the face by a flying bottle of steaming piss!

Come to Bloodstock.......it is the metal thing to do!!!

Lol...my first fest was last year's bloodstock:) and i reckon it was a good choice. No worries about weather either...though it was a brilliant day anyway. This years line-up looks stronger to me, though i've only begun to appreciate the hierarchy of the obscure metal scene since after bloodstock 02, so i cant be too sure...any bands on the bill that particularly draw your attention? I'd only heard of Blind Guardian last year, but i saw some of evry band and i was pleased with them all. Its worth it even for just one though, as none of them really tour britain that much anyway (exceptions this year being paradise lost and blaze...think BS03's actually Saxons only UK date this year!)