Festivals 2009

MadTinus

Language enthusiast
May 7, 2002
Utrecht, Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Decided to make a general festival thread for this year.

So, who's going where? I haven't decided yet, but Summer Breeze seems most likely so far.

Stefan, you want to go to Neurotic Deathfest in Tilburg NL this year:
VITAL REMAINS, ENTOMBED, VISCERAL BLEEDING and MISERY INDEX are among the first confirmed bands for this year's Neurotic Deathfest, set to take place May 29-30 at 013 in Tilburg, Holland.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

DAWN OF AZAZEL (NZ)
DEADBORN (DE)
DEMONICAL (SE)
ENGINE OF DOOM (NL)
ENTOMBED (SE)
FACEBREAKER (SE)
HAIL OF BULLETS (NL)
HOUR OF PENANCE (IT)
ILLDISPOSED (DK)
INHUME (NL)
LENG TCH'E (BE)
MISERY INDEX (USA)
NOX (NL)
OBSCURA (DE)
ROTTEN SOUND (FI)
THE NEW DOMINION (NL)
TORTURE KILLER (FI)
VISCERAL BLEEDING (SE)
VITAL REMAINS (USA)

A total of 36 bands will perform at the event.

Commented the organizers: "This year we will introduce the special 'early bird' package. In the first month of the whole pre-sale period you can buy your weekend tickets with a 7.5 euro discount. This action will start on February 21, and will run all the way to March 20. After March 20, the weekend tickets will cost the regular price again."

Ticket prices are as follows:

Weekend ticket: 55 euros
Friday ticket: 30 euros
Saturday ticket: 30 euros
"Early bird" weekend ticket: 47.50 euros (until March 20)

Just checked the lineup for the festival i usually go to (Tuska open air, Finland, Helsinki)
I've kinda been planning for a trip to Lapland. But if that never happens, I will go to this festival, no matter how bad or good the lineup is.

Volbeat
Bullet For My Valentine
Neurosis
Paul Gilbert
Amorphis
My Dying Bride
Pestilence
Ensiferum
Gojira
Parkway Drive
Legion Of the Damned
Mucc
Girugämesh
Deathchain
Jon Oliva´s Pain
Eluveitie
Rotten Sound
Firewind
Gama Bomb
Profane Omen
Callisto
Medeia
Dauntless
Tukkanuotta

8 more bands will be added.

Yay for Gojira, Callisto, Amorphis, Neurosis and Volbeat (Yes, i like em' so f u all :p)

I sorta like Volbeat as well...then there is Ensiferum and Rotten Sound those are good imo...and Eluveitie....

I'm going to Hellfest this year, my bf wants to see Heaven and Hell !
hellfest2009-big1.jpg

+ WASP - GOJIRA - PENTAGRAM - DEICIDE - AMEBIX - EYEHATEGOD - DAGOBA - PESTILENCE - KINGDOM OF SORROW - COALESCE - GIRLSCHOOL - VOLBEAT - ADAGIO - KATAKLYSM - MOONSORROW - SOILENT GREEN - KEEP OF KALESSIN - NACHTMYSTIUM - TAAKE - VISION OF DISORDER - KICKBACK - BLOODCOT - BETRAYED - SLPASHOT - TERROR - JARBOE - UFOMAMMUT - ABORTED - BLACK DALHIA MURDER - DESPISED ICON - AUGUST BURN RED - ORAKLE - BLOCKHEADS - BRING ME THE HORIZON + 40 bands more

A lot of bands I never heard before :zombie: