Amon Amarth to tour Europe with Dimmu Borgir !

I might go to Oslo, I'm waiting for the bf to get back to me about going.
Sweet lemme know. Two couples deff > one. I won't have to feel bad about being smoochy hahaha.
:Smug:

Don't catch the bus there though whatever you do! Fucking 8hours from Stockholm, man that killed me. Ended up talking phillosophy majors with the random sitting next to me. And trying to explain the mentality behind blackmetal and the differences between genres. HAH. Found out when I got to Oslo it's cheaper to fly too. :mad: bastards...

Sweet lemme know. Two couples deff > one. I won't have to feel bad about being smoochy hahaha.
:Smug:

Don't catch the bus there though whatever you do! Fucking 8hours from Stockholm, man that killed me. Ended up talking phillosophy majors with the random sitting next to me. And trying to explain the mentality behind blackmetal and the differences between genres. HAH. Found out when I got to Oslo it's cheaper to fly too. :mad: bastards...

I've never gone to Oslo by bus but there was one time I took the X2000 and the train was broken so the 4hr trip turned into an 8hr trip. I chatted up some Australians that were also backpacking through Scandinavia.

Yeh us Aussies are the new pakis, we're everywhere. :)

I'd like to say Oslo is really nice, but so far I've only made it out of the appartment 3 times and into the city lol. Need to see more. More that doesn't include Rock-In and Elm Street by myself on the one night when all the metalheads had jetted out for a Metallica gig. Hahahaha.

Some pretty cool places though. Be interesting to see what winter's like. Be interesting to actually go to a gig there and see what the scene is like that's for sure. :)

i dont like dimmu. its so...sweet for me, and dont like the posh. But, if AA plays with them, i will go to see them

Hi,

It's already a month ago now, but I'd still like to show some pics I made during the concert Amon Amarth had at the 013 in Tilburg. A review can be read here

More pictures can be seen on my website http://www.mooninvirgo.nl/

Light circumstances were terrible, but I hope you still like my pics :)

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

Great AA show yesterday in Lund, only bad thing was that it felt short.
Lets hope when they return it will be AA headlining :)

My ticket stated 19.30 as the time they let people in at Mejeriet, I got in at about 19.45 and then Engel had already played, they started at 19.00.

Dimmu was fun for about 5 minutes, but I realized quite fast they are not my cup of beer anymore.
I went to Vildanden for beers instead, when I got up at 05.45 to get ready for the train ride back home I wished for a while that I had skipped the beers...

Next stop, Stockholm on Sunday :headbang:
Damn I just know Monday morning will suck at 04.30 getting up...
Lets see if I stay away from beer Sunday after the show :D

By the way, the songs I can remember for sure they played in Lund were:

Valhall awaits me
Runes to my memory
Death in fire
Asator
Cry of the blackbirds
Fate of norns
Victorious march

(Not in that order)

Stockholm show tonight was great, next Göteborg tomorrow.

Tonight's set list was:

Valhall awaits me
Runes to my memory
Cry of the blackbirds
Fate of Norns
Asator
Victorious march
Pursuit of vikings

Engel was ok, Dimmu was ok for a while, AA was awesome!

Edit, a review from me:

We arrived at Fryshuset at about 19.15, yet again the way in was different from many earlier visits.
Even though the doors to Arenan were open and some were entering there we were supposed to use another entrance.
This time you entered were Klubben is located, which has happened before, but we had to walk around an adjacent building and through a parking lot to get to the doors since they had sealed off the shortest way. Most likely to keep the people off the road to the other parking lot, but signs or other info would help.

The line at the doors wasn't that bad and we got in fairly quick, also it was fast and easy access to the wardrobe.
The merchandize stand showed about 50 SEK up on the prices in regards to Lund, coming from that the venue (Arenan, Fryshuset) as the only site on the European tour charges the band for the possibility to sell merch. Also they aren't allowed to sell it themselves, the Arenan people needs to do it for the bands. Pretty bad stuff, it's sad that a Swedish venue is the worst one on the tour for this.

We walked up the stairs to Arenan to find the opening act Engel (from Gothenburg) already playing.
Watched most of the bands thinking "I've heard this before, I must've seen them live or something", though I couldn’t remember that was the case.
Towards the end I realized it was probably "the Göteborg sound" that I recognized.
I think I could hear influences of (not only Göteborg bands though) The Crown, The Haunted, Soilwork and In Flames in their music.
For my part the band sounded OK, sometimes good. Can't say it's really up my alley, but it wasn't bad.

After Engel it didn't take very long until Amon Amarth started their show.
Since it was less than a week since I saw them in Lund I was feeling very lucky to be in the crowd once more.
During the first verse or so of “Valhall awaits me” the sound was a bit messed up and Johan's singing felt like it wasn't mixed right in regards to the music. This problem was fixed fast though and during the rest of the show there were no sound problems.

“Runes to my memory” followed and before the next song Johan managed to get the crowd going and show the band that a huge portion of the supporters were there for Amon Amarth as well.
“Death in fire” kicked off raising the heat, followed by “Cry of the black birds”.

“Fate of Norns” was next, after which the crowd got even wilder together to the tunes of “Asator”.

The oldest and longest song of the night, “Victorious march”, was setting up for the finale, the massive “The Pursuit of Vikings” with the now famous part in the middle where the crowd gets to show their qualities as chorus singers.

Unfortunately those eight songs was the only ones we were treated by the Vikings before they had to step down and let the stage be prepared for Dimmu Borgir.
Even though it was “short” the time spent was quality and the trip to Stockholm well worth it.

After watching them twice in one week I am still very much looking forward to watching them once more tonight on stage at Trädgårn in Göteborg tonight.

Dimmu Borgir got on stage after not too long of a sound check. I missed most of the first song then watched them for about 40 minutes before I left to get a few hours sleep before my morning train back to Göteborg.

While writing this on the train in the early hours of the morning, the first lights of the morning sun finally showing about one hour after departure, I've re-arranged my play list to match the set list from Lund and last night. This way I can both dream back and look forward at the same time.

Now follows two more hours on the train, filled with Amon Amarth in the head phones, performing some work on the lap top, thoughts floating off dreaming of tonight’s performance which will by my third this week as well as the third on this tour for me.
Even though it's going to be the fifth time I see them this year and the twelfth time so far I am not and will not get tired of them.
It's not only that they make great records, their live performances kick ass and keep gathering fans to a growing numbers of Viking supporters.

I’m looking forward to a new headlining European, or Scandinavian tour, hopefully soon.
As long time fans often say “I wouldn’t mind some more of the older songs live” I don’t mind the new stuff either, since its great stuff as well.

See you tonight!

Thank you very much for posting those dates, :O I will try to get on atleast 4 concerts :)

Amon Amarth - Swedish Metal!
Sonic Syndicate - Swedish Metal
In Flames - Swedish Metal
Soilwork - Swedish Metal
Opeth - Swedish Metal