Amon Amarth to tour Europe with Dimmu Borgir !

thanks for that great review.i was dissapointed at manchester the setlist was cut to 7 songs,no fate of norns.don't know if anything was cut from the dimmu setlist.it started at 9 pm and was over by 10.20.as for engel caught one song, liked to have seen more.no reason why they cut the setlist as the show was over really early.probably because it was a sunday.slight sound problems early on but they still slayed the crowd.as for dimmu they played superb but i dont know the songs as well as amon amarths so for me amon amarth were better.

I saw the show in Paris yesterday night, went for Dimmu (didn't really know Amon Amrth before).
WHAT A SHOW !!! Amon Amarth ruled the show, they were really great !!! :headbang:

Dimmu was below average :mad: (I saw them 3 years ago in the exact same place, they were far better, something was wrong yesterday, or maybe they're getting old :erk:)

Anyway I'm happy I discovered Amon Amarth that day :worship: they saved the day !
I'll definitely go see them again next time they come in France !!!

I was to the show in Marseille, and most of us prefered Amon Amarth performance. I discovered them at this occasion, and what a revelation! :headbang:

It was great in paris!!!
I was there most of all for them ( didn't know really good dimmu borgir ), and IMHO they ( Am.Am. ) rule!!!!:headbang:

I too was at the show in Marseilles, 4th AA show for me, real great though too short (damn, they should be headliner on this tour !!).
Setlist (based on my memory) : Valhall awaits me, Runes to my memory, Death in Fire, Cry of the Black Birds, Fate of Norns, Asator, Victorious March, Pursuit of the Vikings.
I took a few pictures and several vids (Death in Fire and Pursuit of the Vikings for AA).

I was there friday in Paris. Very awsome! Dimmu was nothing compared to AA's performance. Very good choice of songs as well! Missing a few old ones unfortunately but its comprehensible giving the lack of time they had. Thank Odin they played Victorious March!

Also, lol at the idiots lifting their right arm at Dimmu when they put up the 3rd reich flag with the pentagram instead of the swastika. haha

Last night in Lisbon was great. Pitty that last only 50 minutes, no encore. They stole the night to Dimmu Borgir, spoke some words in portuguese (DB not). Hope to see them headlining. AA rules.

Any other people going to the Oslo gig on the 6th? Seen 2 so far, plus me and my bf.
Drinks, Rock-In, after? :kickass: All... y'know... 4 of us? Hahaha. Unless someone knows somewhere better? MINI MEETING! Could be fun... don't look at me like that. :err:

And yay I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Dimmu were a bit weak at Wacken. :erk::zombie:

FFS I knew I should have checked up here earlier! They bloody played in London and I was in Norway hahaha. :bah: Ohwell... Enslaved next week.:p

Was at the show in Ljubljana yesterday, AA fucking ROCKED!!! OMG, short but CRAZY!
Oh, and Ted is on tour again!

I take it is not exactly as you have imagined, and the winter hasn't even arrived yet with super short daylight, etc., you must be homesick, all the best

It's not so bad. Sweden and Canada are REALLY similar. I haven't experienced the freakish lack of daylight yet. That happens more in November, I think. It does suck to be away from everything and everyone I know. But it's getting better. I COULD'VE dated someone in Canada but that wouldn't be as much fun as this now would it?