festivals 2k5

Malaclypse

Oct 18, 2001
it's summer (almost), the sun is shining (at least above the clouds) - time for choosing which festivals to visit this year. personally, i am very much intrigued to visit wacken this year, for they have less power metal stuff as usual and some really great bands this year, including bloodbath, samael, dissection and stuff like that.
but you might have other tips for me, since i don't really like huge festivals - maybe there's something more "cozy" with a few good bands around that i didn't check out; so please post where you are going or would like to.

:wave:

just checked it, well maybe because of dt - but i've been there once and it's probably been the worst festival of all that i've been to considering logistics and stuff. but maybe i'm just a sissy who should stay at home and watch photos from the gigs anyway :)

Face Down
Grave
Loud’N Nasty
The Storyteller
Unleashed
Amon Amarth
Cryonic Temple
Defleshed
Degrade
Fallen Angels
Loss
Minhiriath
P.I.G.
Southern Forest
W.E.T.
Meshuggah
Nostradameus
Wolf
Therion
Tiamat
Spiritual Beggars
Falconer

That's for 2000 Decibel in Bengtsfors, Sweden, on May 21st. I have no idea whether these bands are of any interest to you, but I'm thinking of going there, mainly because of Tiamat :) Not sure about how to get there though...

I'm gonna hit Nummirock (June 24-25, Kauhajoki, Finland). My family has a summerhouse a couple of hundred meters from the main stage. :D

Artists:
Freedom Call
Obituary
Moonspell
Dissection
Primordial
Sentenced
Kotiteollisuus
Sonata Arctica
Mokoma
Ajattara
Viikate
Turmion Kätilöt
Turisas
Norther
Velcra
Teräsbetoni
Wintersun
Pain Confessor
Tuoni
Nicole
Stam1na
Miseria
Skyward
Cryonside
Bleak Crowd
Shade Empire
Kill the Romance
Iconofear
eufonia
Carcosa
Codeon

I'm gonna mosh my head off. :yell:

Edit: Virgin Steele cancelled and they have been replaced by Freedom Call (in case someone cares).

woooow primordial, nice :)

I plan the following festivals
rockhard festival
metalcamp
with full force (hope it works tho)
kaltenbach or that one in italy at the garda lake, still dont know
maybe carpe noctem festival in wiesen
maybe eartshaker festival
summer breeze
up from the ground

garda lake? i have been there a few years ago, fucking awesome place... didn't know there also were any metal festivals...

The only festival in Greece is Rockwave. It's in two different "waves" this year, 24-26 june and 8-9 july, with the second set of dates being more metal. Here's the bands for the last two days, in case anyone's interested (which would be quite unexpected).

8 july:
Slayer
Accept
Candlemass
Dismember
Order of the Ebon Hand

9 july:
Twisted Sister
Dio
Anthrax
Katatonia
Zyklon
Ολέθριο Ρήγμα

wow!!! candlemass ... they are still on my "to see" list! and also the others dont sound too bad, dio... katatonia... not bad... but I doubt I will have enough money for going to greece at that time, maybe in september for primordial, lets see :)

Definitely: RockHard Festival next weekend

Maybe: Graspop and Gates of Metal (DT!!!)

More or less a festival: The ultimate Summer Blast Open Air (June, 17th, Trier, Exhaus)
NAPALM DEATH,
CALIBAN,
Dew Scented,
WALLS OF JERICHO,
die cast,
MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD
BEHEMOTH,
maroon

Just copy and paste from the homepage, so don't care about BIG or small letters. Mainly because of Dew-Scented, as well as Behemoth and Napalm Death. Don't care about MetalCore. Once before, Nightrage were confirmed, but as it seems, they won't play... too sad, I'd love to see them live!

Aaaargh, damn you :p
I want to go to a festival!!! But it all craves money and time, neither of which I have =/ I'd like to go to Obscene Extreme in Czech Republic, but the timing is not too convenient and it is pretty far. But I bet Marduk will be there, am I right? ;)

DragonLady1 said:
marduk are always everywhere, I saw them so many times without even wanting to lol... but why dont u try the metalcamp, it shouldnt be so far away for u no?

Hehe, THAT Marduk too.. but I meant, our comrade forumer Marduk :) I shall use the number ( 1507) next time ;)

Well, Metalcamp is not sooo far, although it's not very close either. It's near the Italian border, so I'd have to go through the whole Slovenia..and whatever jokes we might have on Slovenia's area, it still is pretty broad =/ AND, it will take place at the end of June, which is totally unconvenient since we have all the exams then. Maybe, just MAYBE I'll go. If so, we'll have a drink... or two... or more :D