Festivals + shows you will attend

Jean-Pierre said:
Is this a good time to mention that I HATE living in the US?

haha, yeah, I understand...explanation is quit easy though I think; there are big amounts of hardcore metal fans over here, all in a few small countries compared to the USA. So if you count overall , in the USA there probably are lots more nice concerts, over here they just are concentrated in a smaller circle of let's say a few hundred miles....

:ill: I haven't been to a show in like a month... I am getting desperate!

I guess the next show/festival I have coming up is in April 16 (my bday) Dark Tranquillity then April 24 New England something or other festival w/King Diamond/Soilwork/Dark Tranquillity again

Progpower6 and Ozzfest IF Maiden are indeed co-headlining.

:yell: I guess it's for the best I don't have anything going on now as I MUST save money... which sucks!

JonnyD said:
lol I havnt been to a Show since Progpower! :erk: though with anyluck me and my Buddy will go see Into Eternity and Amorphis next Weekend and Overkill in April! and ofcourse Progpower VI!

Motley Crue will be in Manchester, NH in August, I believe. Tickets are already on sale through TicketMaster, as far as I know.

I live in Australia so we get sweet fuck all bands coming out here. :(

But Alice Cooper is coming in June so I'll go to that. And AC/DC later in the year. And Megadeth in April I'll probably go to as well. I fucking hope the Priest & Motley tours make it here.

Griffin- said:
should be fun :headbang:
I also found out that Valkrye, Salt Of The Earth and Thorns Of The Carrion are playing that weekend also there is a sat. jul. 9th show too and not
to be an advertisement or anything but if anyone wants any info on it
go to www.templarsofdoom.com A friend of mine on indymetal.com is
putting on this show so I wanted to give him some props! BTW the reason
why Holland has all those kick ass shows is because you have all the kickass
drugs and women! I've been to Amsterdam a couple times many moons ago! :headbang:

I just returned from Paul Di'Anno who sang as a guest with the coverband Up The Irons.
Oh
My
God.
You can't imagine what he's like nowadays. He looks like a complete gangster and evengrunted some parts of the songs! Such a fuckup! He didnt get ANY high note. I was so glad when the Up the Irons guy took over again, damn!

Griffin- said:
I just returned from Paul Di'Anno who sang as a guest with the coverband Up The Irons.
Oh
My
God.
You can't imagine what he's like nowadays. He looks like a complete gangster and evengrunted some parts of the songs! Such a fuckup! He didnt get ANY high note. I was so glad when the Up the Irons guy took over again, damn!

I read something about him in Terrorizer ... he was all like "I was never into metal... I was a punk singer ... and now I live in L.A. USA I'm a homie" hes a fuckin douche! ... with that said I do love the first Maiden album!

JonnyD said:
I read something about him in Terrorizer ... he was all like "I was never into metal... I was a punk singer ... and now I live in L.A. USA I'm a homie" hes a fuckin douche! ... with that said I do love the first Maiden album!
So do I and how could someone say the above when you make albums like that.
I found a pic..
Paul4.jpg

:cry:

Griffin- said:

He's a poser making his living on Maiden legacy... :yuk:
I suppose he'll turn into whatever's "in" these days, therefore he shaved his head, got himself baggy pants and hockey shirt and jumps around, he just needs to begin rapping, then he's all set...

Back to topic:
I'm really short on cash, but I'll make my best to see Evergrey in Budapest next month. I'd like to go to BYH, but I don't know if I'll have money... There's always Metal Melting Festival for me, at least... ;)

Griffin- said:

I dont know! but it is a shame .. A few years back I picked up a cassette of his band Killers .. the album was called Mennace to Society ... now 90% of the album sounded like he wanted to be Phil Anselmo but on the last song He Rapped :ill: it was a horrible terrible thing! ... I dont know what ever happened to that tape ... but I know ... if I ever hear Paul Dianno rap again it will be to soon ... that and the Old Fart Looks awful as a Wigger

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
I'm Going to Cleveland in May to the BK & BW Saturday show with Raven,Exciter,Jag Panzer & TROUBLE!! Its the 1st time I'm flying to a festival.

Wow!! Talk about an old school lineup. Wish I could be there. You are going to have a great time with those bands. Raven live is fantastic and so are the rest of the bands. :headbang: I hope you give us a review.

I have the following stuff on my radar. I will be at most of this stuff but not all of it considering I am getting promoted real soon at my job and will have to work weekends and closing shifts. For certain shows though like Manowar and Stratovarius I will request that night off. Any show that you see with three stars in front of it just signifies to me that I have my tickets for it already.

Sunday 3/20/05 - BB Kings – With Passion, Single Bullet Theory, Into Eternity, Beyond The Embrace, Amorphis

***Sunday 4/3/05 - BB Kings – The Autumn Offering, Pro-Pain, Vader, Kreator

***Thursday 4/14/05 – BB Kings – Sonata Arctica and Overkill

Saturday 4/23/05 – Starland Ballroom – Arctic Flame and Overkill

***Tuesday 4/19/05 - BB Kings - Behemoth, Black Dahlia Murder, Nile, King Diamond

Monday 5/2/05 – BB Kings – Europe

***Friday/Saturday 5/6-5/7 – The Odeon in Cleveland, Ohio – BWBK 6 Pack Weekend III – Mnemic, Hypocrisy, Soilwork, Dark Tranquility, Chris Caffery, Death Angel, Raven, Exciter, Trouble, Jag Panzer.

Monday 5/30/05 – BB Kings – With Passion, Misery Index, Skinless, Immolation, and Deicide

Sunday 6/19/05 – BB Kings – Holyhell, Rhapsody and Manowar

Sunday 8/14/05 – PNC Bank Art Center – Motley Crue

Wednesday 9/21/05 – BB Kings - Into Eternity and Stratovarius

Griffin- said:
Oh come there's enough shows over there too!
Just, maybe on the other end of where you're living..

For every good US show, there's about 50 that are filled to the brim with poseur bands... :yuk: