Fif!!!

Originally posted by =7thDaughterOfA7thSon=
Do you think that Anorexia and Bulimia can be taken like life style?
I mean, if you have self control you can have it like lifestyle....
That's what I think...:)

I did a quick search to show you (all) something: go HERE .....is this really what you want to look like?
i find it scaring and sad how to destroy oneself in a so stupid way

Hiljainen; She's so damned thin, but, she can have a better life, more posibilities in her life just for be thin.
This world is a world for thin people, clothes is every day more small, and the models are every day more thin.

so thin, i think she will die, no better life since a girl so thin is....too thin. I understand what you mean by saying that this is a world for thin people (models are schelectric) but i don't care about them, i must be healty and another thing: talking about love (since is a thing that makes happy, not being accepted by models agencies) what guy would feel good with a girl so extremely thin and ill (cause it isn't a healty situation). if a lot of people is stupid and keeps to make us see those "models of life" it's not that i must follow them

Originally posted by =7thDaughterOfA7thSon=
Hiljainen; She's so damned thin, but, she can have a better life, more posibilities in her life just for be thin.
This world is a world for thin people, clothes is every day more small, and the models are every day more thin.

She's so damned thin it's pathetic, but she chan have a better life from being that thin? There are better ways of committing suicide... Once you become bulemic or anorexic, you become obsessed, and that obsession usually leads to death... if it doesn't, there are other long term consequences that just aren't worth it. Suicide is a better option than putting yourself through such torment, and the pain you'll inflict on your loved ones.

When people see girls that skinny, it's viewed as being UGLY and FREAKISH. Much uglier than a when a person is overweight. I guarantee that. NOBODY that's even remotely normal would consider that attractive...

That's not even mentioning the serious health issues that you would have to deal with...

Well, in my opinion, there are many shades of gray in this subject. I do not look at the world as totaly black or white, however, I also do not believe it is all gray. I look at things individually.

In this case, there are some people who actually have a mental disorder and do these actions, either conciously or unconciously, believing it is for their benefit.

On the other hand, we have some who feel it is the "thing" to do. They believe that the people who do this to their bodies are legitimately beautiful, regardless that they look (in my opinion) like a victim out of Dachau or Auschwitz.

Another argument would involve the whole idea that, people in this day and age, need to be a part of some group or fad in order to feel safe and keep their self-esteem levels (falsely most of the time) at a healthy level. You know, the whole "Shepherd and the Sheep" deal.

Personally, I feel bad for all of the people who do this. Sympathy for the ones who cannot help it due to a clinically-proven mental disorder... and sympathy for the others who just cannot open their eyes and understand that they are sacrificing their health and lives to placate the disorder that is society.

if you wanna lose weight get your fat ass out of the chair and go do some excercise instead of typing stuff
that simple
and stop eating junk,some salad won't kill you(like anorexia will)

manuel-a very skinny guy who eats like a pig
:lol:

I don't understand why people think anorexia can be molded into a lifestyle
it's a slow suicide and very painful
yeah models and trends are to blame for making skinny people to be "in" but if someone follows what they say and tries to be like them they deserve their asses kicked
and no way anorexia is gonna give you a better life,maybe more clothing will fit you but you'll eventually die or be put in a mental institution

That woman in the link is absolutely repulsively scrawny. She looks like a decaying corpse and I'm willing to be that's all her body is anymore. How the fuck can anyone want to look like that? EVER? She's emaciated and wasting away. Being skinny isn't the only thing to being "beautiful". I don't even think being skinny is necessary to be beautiful at all. A good HEALTHY body is beautiful, not one that is so dimished and weak that you don't want to touch her for fear of breaking her! You know, a woman that small can not menstruate because her body doesn't have enough energy and vitamins to spare for a NORMAL FUNCTION! How can she be healthy if her body can't even perform natural functions? And how is being unhealthy something that can be acceptable yet still be called beautiful? Absolutely fucking ridiculous! I have zero sympathy for people who think this is an acceptable lifestyle. You're diluted and brainwashed and I'm sick of seeing girls who think that (I've come across many and it's very distressing) I have sympathy for those who a victim of this illness (yes, VICTIM!) but not for those that think it's posh, sheek, and acceptable! That's almost downright degrading to those who really struggle with it! Argh! This topic makes me want to eat some chocolate cake!

~Sh0k~

Disgust, anger and sympathy. I agree with your statement of anger towrds the people who do it as a "cool thing to do" sh0kr0k. Though, I cannot help but feel slightly saddened about their situation. Actually, I am more upset over the fact that the world has come to this.

It is a hard subject to choose just one emotion...for me at least. I am angered by it, most definetly disgusted from it... but I simply cannot deny that I feel sorrow out of it as well.

I never form opinions out of a desire to be politicaly correct, I just believe it benefits me more to look at a situation or topic(especially this one), from more than one angle. This is a very serious topic, however appauling it may be.

In my opinion, anyone who does this, through illness or to be cool, should seek psychological aid.

Unfortunately, even though anorexia and bullemia are complicated syndromes with multiple contributing factors (genetics, society's idealization of thinness, growing up in an environment of strictness and perfectionism, early exposure to unhealthy atmospheres such as moddelling, ballet, and competetive gymnastics, etc), whether one develops these disorders as a a "choice" or an "unconscious drive", the end result is the same.

Excellent point nafnikufesin. It is true that it all comes to the same end. I would think though, the aid that they recieve would differ slightly depending on the circumstances invloved. I do not know.