Final 2 Headliners

I'm hoping one of the headliners is.... ELDRITCH!!!! Not only would they fit perfectly and please both sides of the fence but they put on a killer show as well!!!! :headbang:

Did anyone ever think or.......Helloween and Gamma Ray as joint headliners?

I would love it, but it probably doesn't make a ton of sense from a business standpoint because of the almost 100% overlap in their fanbase. If they were to do something special like let Kai sing some WoJ material, that would be a different story.

I still do not believe that Rhapsody will play here. Luca Turilli is too full of himself for that to happen.

Rhapsody played Ziggys in Winston Salem NC. I was there.....that place is a tiny sh!t hole. Don't tell me they wont play small places. The only thing I see that keeps them from playing PP is the Manowar connection. I may be wrong but isn't there another Manowar, Rhapsody, Hollyhell tour going on or going to happen. They seem to be stuck under Joey's control.

Well personally my hope is that Therion are one of the headliners but I don't know how that would work out. I'm just not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling that they're being considered but that's just me (hence my other "guesses" earlier).

What about Adagio? I figure they would be an excellent fit for the show. I guess it would take an act of Congress to get Shadow Gallery as a headliner and Anubis Gate and Suspyre aren't big enough names, so I would have to vote for Redemption as a headliner next year (no sharp objects thrown, please).
Franky
"loud is beautiful"

What about Adagio? I figure they would be an excellent fit for the show. I guess it would take an act of Congress to get Shadow Gallery as a headliner and Anubis Gate and Suspyre aren't big enough names, so I would have to vote for Redemption as a headliner next year (no sharp objects thrown, please).
Franky
"loud is beautiful"

I would absolutely LOVE for Adagio to grab a spot :kickass::kickass::kickass:......however, from the clue that Glenn has given, i don't think they are a possibility. He says one of them is Power Metal.....so that counts them out. And the other he says there will be no controversey on whether or not they get the spot. I think that Adagio may have a few more years to go before recieving a headliner spot at this festival.....as much as i'd like to think otherwise. :cool:

As for Shadow Gallery....just as you said.

And let's hope for Anubis Gate and Suspyre maybe for the showcase along with many others that are on my wishlist. :headbang:

Well personally my hope is that Therion are one of the headliners but I don't know how that would work out. I'm just not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling that they're being considered but that's just me (hence my other "guesses" earlier).

Therion would make me very, VERY happy.....but I'm thinking Glenn is a-huntin' bigger game.

Franky
"loud is beautiful"

I loved Adagio when they played before, but Glenn has to be eyeing two knock-down awesome headliners, at least one of which is a power-metal knockout. "No controversy." That, to me, means someone of at least Gamma Ray or Blind Guardian level. And no touring, either.

For the other slot, he indicated power/prog. Which could be anything, but whoever it is.....it's gotta be big. Much bigger than Adagio. Bigger, I fear, than Therion. :cry:

Huntin' bigger game.......yeah I think that too so I'm pretty excited about it even if I am totally clueless as to who the headliners might be!

Really BIG game....hmmmm......let's see.....

Well who'd blow the budget out of the water more, Ayreon or Avantasia? :loco:

That's BIG game! :headbang:

I would die, go to hell, sell ice cubes, get kicked back up if Arjen were to make an appearance. I seriously doubt it would happen tho. Then again Glenn has pulled a rabbit from that magic hat of his a few times. Avantasia would be another one that would totally rock the stage. But I'm leaning towards something along the lines of maybe Iced Earth or Blind Guardian based on Glenn's hint. Let the guessing game continue. We have plenty of time :headbang:

Knowing Glenn's ability to pull off the unexpected, I have no frigging clue as to what he has in store, although i would venture to guess, and mind you this is pure speculation on my part given the case with Vanden Plas, if they are not involved in the showcase then that might be an option. But other than that I am at a loss.

Why not Pyramaze with Matt Barlow?

Controversial to the max, I think. Pyramaze is not headlining caliber, whether they have Barlow or not. Choosing a band to headline based on their vocalist status and not really their "size" or "draw" is way too risky. It's like choosing Place Vendrome to headline because of Michael Kiske. Or Shaman (in the past), because of Andre Matos.

Or Jorn to headline because of.... nm...

Jorn ruled. Screw the haters.

Glenn already said that Pyramaze is unavailable for next year.

I was thinking of this scenario at work today. NOCTURNAL RITES headlining Friday night because of the word of mouth high praise at the Chicago Powerfest last year and many including myself have been clamoring incessantly on this forum for them to play next year. As for Saturday...BLIND GUARDIAN. Why? Well, they fit the returning band criteria and I'm more than positive they are the non-controversial type of band Glenn mentioned in the thread of his PP9 lineup decisions. Also, I remember a while back BG saying they had a symphonic album coming out in 2008, if that project is still in the works. So, maybe they could perform a couple of these tunes with the string section like EVERGREY used last year. And, their earlier albums have been remastered. A little buzz going there, too. Perhaps Imaginations or Nightfall played in their entirety. Both of these bands I believe fit the bill nicely and would please way more than disappoint. Just my thoughts. Sorry if anyone else posted on this already.

I could go for Blind Guardian and/or Nocturnal Rites, too. I've never seen either band live so I'd welcome the chance. Also a lot of bands people have been naming in here are ones I've never seen either so whatever the outcome I'm ready for it! :headbang:

Blind Guardian as the returner would be cool, doing a nice "special" set that you wouldn't be able to see on a normal tour.

What I would REALLY like, for the non-returner, would be Morgana Lefay. If they don't play IX, they have to play X, or at the very latest XI. I need to see these guys, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way here.

If it were Within Temptation and Nocturnal Rites I would have a perpetual smile on my face that torture by fire couldn't erase, but I kinda doubt it. I don't think they are big anough to "cement the festival name" no matter how much I would love to see them both. I vote for Avantasia since Tobias has already done all the work in putting it together for some European festivals. Pretty Maids can have the friday night slot.