Finally - A Croatian VEHEMENCE Review!

Eramaajarvi

A centipede
Dec 21, 2001
Zgb, Croatia
Visit site
VEHEMENCE - God Was Created (Metal Blade) - 6,5/10

This is their second album and their debut album for metal Blade. "God Was Crated" is a concept album which deals with the subject of a mentally ill man and his obsession with a raped girl (who is obsessed with Jesus Crhist), and that relationship brings him to a nervous breakdown. The band claims they had to commercialize their lyrics for the sake of better sales. A concept like this would automatically remind people of ultra-brutal bands, but from the musical side the story here is much more interesting - the songs vary from blast beats to mid tempos, combined with interesting riffs and melodies, while the vocals vary from agressive to scary high screams. The cover art was done by Evil Dare, and it fits very well the album concept. It's obvious everyone put in a lot of work to get this album to a higher level, but I think they sometimes lose their track while trying to make the songs more complex, which can easily tire the listener. I would like to add that the band wrote a scenario for a "gore-horror" movie together with the songs which they plan to film soon. That would be interesting to see...and survive.
Author: Jurica B.

United Forces, Decemer 2002, #15

If you ask me, there's too much talk about everything except music. :yuk: :Shedevil: :zzz:

"The band claims they had to commercialize their lyrics for the sake of better sales"

:bah: say what??? Where did they get that bullshit from? Well it aint true.

"I would like to add that the band wrote a scenario for a "gore-horror" movie together with the songs which they plan to film soon"

Nothing but the idea of a "film" has come up. We haven't wrote a scenario or any crap like that, and won't be filming anything anytime soon, I can guarentee you that.

Where does this guy get his info come from :confused:

Well anyways, thanks for posting and sharing this with us Eramaajarvi :headbang:

Sounds like a pretty distant interview! But at least we were reviewed from a person from Croatia! Thanks for posting this! Is Jurica a guys name or a womans name? And does any one have a link of the website for United Forces Zine? And no thats ok, you don't have to tell them to correct anything! What they assume from what is read or rumored is what they assume. Keeps the talk going.

Jurica is a guy's name. :)

The link is www.unitedforcesmagazine.com - but you gotta wait a bit 'till it opens, cuz there'll be something about registration first. And I don't think they have the English version up yet. Bah...shitty website.
There are lots of extreme metal fans here, so I guess any word about you will be good. I'll bug people a bit more to give you a listen :)

Hm... i just wanted to ask about interviewing and such, since I did a few reviews for that magazine and right now I'm on a stand-by list of associates. :(
Ah well, another time then.