Finally coming to Charlotte.WOOHOO!

Jonin

Jul 23, 2004
South Carolina
It's a ways off, and they won't be there until May 2008, but I'm excited I'll finally get to see them. They'll be playing the Tremont music hall which is a hole in the wall, but I'll be there!! woohoo!Anyone else in the area going to go? Tickets seem to be already on sale at the tremont music hall website. :kickass:

Hole in the wall? Is it like Masquerade in Atlanta, old, hot, filthy, drinks are room temperature, questionable neighborhood and parking on the road, condemned building, nowhere to sit but on the floor? That kind of hole in the wall? IF it's better than Masquerade, I will come to Charlotte. I'm in SC, same driving time pretty much. I don't understand why in the US they have to play such ratty venues. In Europe they get the royal treatment. What's up with Americans? I might be joining you in Charlotte, Jonin, along with a few others. Eight of us went in August to the Masquerade. The show was worth the extreme torture and I"d do it again, but if Tremont is ANY better, I'll head north. I saw the May 1-2 shows for our neck of the woods. Wish they could line up better venues. They deserve the Metropolitan if you ask me.

Masquerade sucks? Man I was planning on going there to see them too ( I'm also in S.C. ), but if this other place in N.C. is better then I'd rather go there.

I saw Blind Guardian at the Tremont last year. Yeah, it's kind of dumpy, but really not bad. It's SE of downtown Charlotte, and the neighorhood is ok - not much around really. Parking was easy - across the street in a small field. The main room has the small stage, and I recall there being some bleacher style seats on the sides and back. There's an outer room with a bar and maybe a pool table.

I'm very much looking forward to them playing Charlotte! :headbang:

Tremont is not the prettiest place, but the main room is nice size. Who cares if it is a hole in the wall? As long as you get to see SymX, that is all that matters. There are worse places for them to play.

Hole in the wall? Is it like Masquerade in Atlanta, old, hot, filthy, drinks are room temperature, questionable neighborhood and parking on the road, condemned building, nowhere to sit but on the floor? That kind of hole in the wall? IF it's better than Masquerade, I will come to Charlotte. I'm in SC, same driving time pretty much. I don't understand why in the US they have to play such ratty venues. In Europe they get the royal treatment. What's up with Americans? I might be joining you in Charlotte, Jonin, along with a few others. Eight of us went in August to the Masquerade. The show was worth the extreme torture and I"d do it again, but if Tremont is ANY better, I'll head north. I saw the May 1-2 shows for our neck of the woods. Wish they could line up better venues. They deserve the Metropolitan if you ask me.

Yes it's a small crappy little place. I went there one time to see Yngwie years ago. Hey I'm coming from SC too, where you coming from? I'm in Greenville. Oh yea, it's doesn't matter to me where they play, if I can seem them, I'm excited about it.