finally got the thickness with the krankenstein+

These clips are amazing Lasse. you're one of the few that seems to have tamed the proverbial beast!
got that krank character, got that krank-ish top end tamed so its just pleasant, and you've gotten rid of the thinness that bugs me about most krank clips
win win bro

Coolness, and yeah, I definitely prefer clip 2 over clip 3, amazing what a difference such a tiny turn of the presence pot makes!

Yeah, hard to tell outside of a mix, but they both rule! Although when I think "cloudy" I think sounding too far from the dustcap (and that weird frequency that comes through in the highs), "muffled" would be more how I'd describe 2 in comparison to 3 :D

Oh yeah, I'd expect no less, you're the reference I keep reminding myself of that good tones can be had from the dustcap! (many on here say "avoid" but I can't say I like the results too much when I do!)

Hey my first post/reply;-)

yeah I've loved and hated the Krankenstien too. I almost sold it, but I'm glad I held on to it....

another thing to try(not sure if you have yet) is to turn the master vol. all the way up(make sure the chanel vol is down) then bring up the Channel vol. it's supposed to give more of a rev 1 tone.

I'll start out like that then I'll just slowly turn down the master vol as I'm turning up the Channel vol. to in the get it to sit in the mix better.. between that and the sweep/pres it's actually a pretty versatile .

but at the end of the day I've found either the Krank works or it doesn't(for me anyway). I've had some mixes that it sounded great on(well great enough) and I've had mixes that I couldn't make it fit no matter what I did to it.-lol

man can't get your clips to play, gonna check em again later