Enter Krankenstein!

mmetalmilitiaa said:
I'm using mine through a b-52 cab.... and it sounds good.
(i replaced the grill with a home-made one and had a small marshall logo laying around...haha)

I can't wait to hear it though a mesa. :cool:
krank2_small.jpg

I love your carpet, is it made from bread crumbs ?

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
LOL
What's this blue light ?
I have green lights in it now.
They are cold cathode lights, commonly found in modded computer cases with the see thru sides.
Powerd by 12v of battery, no noise.

Radd said:
Do tell. :)

I was checking this out:
http://www.frozencpu.com/lit-21.html?id=iQQqrfcz

What size do you use?
What kind of power supply would one use with the Molex connectors?
I guess you would velcro it to the upper part (the roof) of the iside of the head?
12" will be perfect.
The kit has something called a power inverter, and I just cut the wires going from there to the molex connector and wired it up to 12V of batteries. (8 AA's)
and yeah, I velcrowed one on top and one on bottom.
instructions1.jpg

Interesting. The white wires stemming out from the inverter, I guess they are the molex connections, top set going to 1 light & bottom set going to the other thus the 2 cold cathode lights sharing the 1 battery pack?

In fact, the idea is growing on me so much- any chance of a step by step idiots guide for me dude blue peter style ? I think my main worries are :

1) what is an inverter?
2) wiring it all up
3) Getting all the perfect parts- altho that shop linked above can no doubt supply the cathode colour tube.

Maybe there is an easier way to achieve this effect- buy one of those stupid 'neon' lights that the boom boys use

1 - Batteries put out a Direct Current (DC), and the cold cathode needs an Alternating Current (AC) - the invertor changes the DC to AC. Read THIS for a more technical description.

2 - The wiring it up looks like it involves simply cutting and stripping two wires and then fixing them to two others, and the wires will generally be colour coded - so I'm pretty sure you can manage that.

3 - Loads of places sell stuff like that - try Maplin or PC World and look for the lights to go in PC cases (that's what the one in the link is for).

The only way it could really be made easier is if someone else did it for you :p

Steve

Suicide_As_Alibi said:
1 - Batteries put out a Direct Current (DC), and the cold cathode needs an Alternating Current (AC) - the invertor changes the DC to AC. Read THIS for a more technical description.

2 - The wiring it up looks like it involves simply cutting and stripping two wires and then fixing them to two others, and the wires will generally be colour coded - so I'm pretty sure you can manage that.

3 - Loads of places sell stuff like that - try Maplin or PC World and look for the lights to go in PC cases (that's what the one in the link is for).

The only way it could really be made easier is if someone else did it for you :p

Steve
It is literally as simple as cutting and stripping two wires, then attatching them to the battery pack.