Enter Krankenstein!

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
Woah!!! :headbang:

I got my Krank today via FedEx and I gotta admit, I hadn't been this excited since Christmas as a kid! I didn't get enough time with it to put a mic in front, but initial jamming with it was orgasmic. Really cuts through the drums and that sweep knob is fantastic! Can't wait to record it!

And with the TS in front, it indeed sounds "incredible." Also, the fucking thing is really small and light. When I got the package, I thought they must have sent me the wrong amp!

cool - I'm thinking of going the Krank way too.
I have a short list of the following to buy

1 Krank revolution + cab

or

1 Diezel Herbert + mesa

put a clip up so we can hear the krankenstein

I love the fact there are only 2 channels Metal and Gay!

:headbang:

Are these krank amps available in europe yet? Im up to give it a stress test if it's available.. and who knows, maybe get one if the price is right..

Congrats.

About 6-7 years ago I drove to a dudes house here in AZ to buy a used Boogie 50/50 power amp. The dudes name was Tony Dow. He was in his garage with about 5 different Sovtek heads in various states of dis/assembly, being modded, etc. He said he was designing a new amp meant for hard rock/metal. I thought "cool pipe dream dude!".

Now he goes by Tony Krank. The Krank shop/HQ is about 15 minutes away from me. Needless to say I think it's rad that he's come this far. The amp I played through back then sounded great at the time, the embryo of what was to become the Revolution head. He had a lp jr. with p90's and a haggard ass crate 4x12 cab. I'm sure you're going to dig on tha 'Stein.

EtherForBreakfast said:
Congrats.

About 6-7 years ago I drove to a dudes house here in AZ to buy a used Boogie 50/50 power amp. The dudes name was Tony Dow. He was in his garage with about 5 different Sovtek heads in various states of dis/assembly, being modded, etc. He said he was designing a new amp meant for hard rock/metal. I thought "cool pipe dream dude!".

Now he goes by Tony Krank. The Krank shop/HQ is about 15 minutes away from me. Needless to say I think it's rad that he's come this far. The amp I played through back then sounded great at the time, the embryo of what was to become the Revolution head. He had a lp jr. with p90's and a haggard ass crate 4x12 cab. I'm sure you're going to dig on tha 'Stein.

Ether--are you playing out of the Krank cab? I'm coming out of a regular Mesa, not the oversize, and it sounds good. I've got a shitty ampeg cab and I'm thinking about replacing the speakers with some Texas Heats to get something closer to the Krank cab.

GG - Newest style Mesa 1x12 sealed recto w V30 and a Marshall 2x12 w T75's. The Rev proved to be too much for the single v30 though (duh!). Not that I harmed the speaker or anything, but for recording at fairly hot levels (MV about 4) the lil' V30 would speaker fart on me.

My buddy has a Krank 4x12 cab and I HATE that thing. Not sure how Krank managed to build such a beautiful amp, but such shitty cabinets. No offense to krank kab owners. I'll take a Mesa cab any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

so from what i can tell - people are in general going with not using the krank cabs and sticking with mesa standard? except for mr sneap who was banging on about how tight it's bottom was (oo er). So I'm guessing these things are good for low tuned (now old ckool) nu-metal and seven/eight string shit too.

I'm using mine through a b-52 cab.... and it sounds good.
(i replaced the grill with a home-made one and had a small marshall logo laying around...haha)

I can't wait to hear it though a mesa. :cool:
krank2_small.jpg

I think the Krank cabs would benefit from some Celestions, namely Vintage 30's. The construction seems rock solid and nice, but the speakers sound like garbage, IMO, of course. That goes for both the Texas Heats in the 'stein cabs and the other ones in the Rev cab. But, I like the cab construction really well. Wish I could afford a Krank...

Nitronium Blood said:
What's the Pod Xt Live contributing to that chain, my good sir?
The only thing I'm using my podxtl in the chain for as of now is the delay and compressor.
Eventually I'm going to get an axess electronics grx4, which I will then be using the podxtl to switch channels on the krank, switch loops, etc. via midi.

nwright: Someone on the HCAF is selling a revo for $700 I believe.

mmetalmilitiaa said:
The only thing I'm using my podxtl in the chain for as of now is the delay and compressor.
Eventually I'm going to get an axess electronics grx4, which I will then be using the podxtl to switch channels on the krank, switch loops, etc. via midi.

nwright: Someone on the HCAF is selling a revo for $700 I believe.

I've been meaning to ask, what's the HCAF?