FINALLY some fucking stems!

sorry about the bass guys. Very limited in time and they insisted on using their 'custom built' bass. But hey, if I can make the bass sound sick as balls, you can too!

sorry about the bass guys. Very limited in time and they insisted on using their 'custom built' bass. But hey, if I can make the bass sound sick as balls, you can too!

I've heard far worse, at least it's still manageable. I love when bands have to play "their amazing custom gear."

Made a mix as well. Mix isn't perfect, still getting over a fever so my ears are not the cleanest right now. Was going for a rather pissed-off sounding sound, think i succeeded in that :) The tracks were cool to work with! Not really my cup of tea music-wise, still lot of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a little rework on my mix

Backed the masterbus compressor of a fair bit, thought i heard a lot of pumping in the old mix. Revisited the guitar eq and bass, i think it sounds less clouded now.

I do agree with mstone that Nick's mix is killer! But on my headphones it sounds really really bassheavy.

You guys are tearing it up!

Hey Nick, how'd you edit the guitars in the intro so they don't have the mute in between picking?

Yo! I mainly do slip editing to guitars,but there are a few techniques I use that I feel are pretty unique and whatnot, so it's sort of hard to just explain it. In this case I probably just snipped it out and crossfaded it.

Did a little rework on my mix

Backed the masterbus compressor of a fair bit, thought i heard a lot of pumping in the old mix. Revisited the guitar eq and bass, i think it sounds less clouded now.

I do agree with mstone that Nick's mix is killer! But on my headphones it sounds really really bassheavy.

Thanks dude. I was going for a very bass driven (not necessarily the bass guitar, but frequency-wise) mix to the point where it's just thick and possibly even uncomfortable heheh

Guys, we need to seriously clear something up as it's causing confusion in other areas and in file labeling in some stuff I've received lately.

These files that have been posted ARE NOT STEMS. Stems are stereo or l/r mono bounces of groups (vocals, guitars, bass, drums, fx, etc) - NOT the multitrack files for the session.

Guys, we need to seriously clear something up as it's causing confusion in other areas and in file labeling in some stuff I've received lately.

These files that have been posted ARE NOT STEMS. Stems are stereo or l/r mono bounces of groups (vocals, guitars, bass, drums, fx, etc) - NOT the multitrack files for the session.

I didn't download the files as I dont have a drum VST to use for drums......but is what Nick gave us like, a single bounce l/r of guitars, etc? I'm sorry if it's a newb question, but I thought stem tracks were every file bounced separately.