Rolling Stones - A bigger band
Sigur Ros - Takk
Nevermore - the godless envedor
Antimatter - newest

coming next

Arcturus and Anekdoten newest
I'm happy :hotjump:

Good stuff indeed ;)

I've just ordered the new live album from Anekdoten, it'll be a bit expensive, but well... it's a Japanese import

I also got Opeths latest this week. I have to say I was freaked out when I first really heard the keyboards on Beneath The Mire.

I still haven't gotten my head around this album completely yet, so I can't really say much, except that Mikael's voice has improved so much, a feat that I never thought possible. The keyboards are a nice addition, though so far I can really remember anything standing out. I expected though more piano sounds, and not as much keyboard.

It'll probably take a while to sink in completely, though.

As for the Nevermore and Antimatter, those are fucking amazing. Both are completely different, but are unbelievable still. Those are bands that really make me proud to listen to the music I do.

New Opeth and Antimatter = Great Fucking Music.

I personally was kind of dissapointed with This Godless Endeavor. Everyone was saying how great it was...and it truly just didnt impress me much.

Submasq said:
Yep, nothing feels better than a bunch of new stuff

Opeth - ghost reveries
Rolling Stones - A bigger band
Sigur Ros - Takk
Nevermore - the godless envedor
Antimatter - newest

coming next

Arcturus and Anekdoten newest
I'm happy :hotjump:
Dude, you're gonna be sooooo happy when you receive & listen to the new Arcturus! :oops:
Compliments on your other buys, great stuff indeed.

I actually found it a bit disapointing. There are a few incredible tracks (particularly 2,6,9), but there are also several that strike me as somewhat uninspired. It's also more of a holding pattern in terms of progression than I've come to expect from Arcturus. Musically it seems like it would fit better right after LMI. I think that TSM (one of my favorite albums) gave me unrealistic expectations, though. A good album, but, in my opinion, far from the greatness I was hoping for. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the new Solefald.

you know, i am quite disappointed by the Arcturus, i dont know what it is but something just doesn't sounds like the Arcturus i know and love.... maybe i need to give it some more time though
The Opeth is phenomenal so is the Nevermore... i like how heavy the Opeth is and the progressive parts are real cool.

so what new and exciting in your player lately?

np: clapton - slowhand
:devil:

Well, these aren't new albums, just new for me.:D

I just got the soundtrack of Requiem For A Dream - freaky shit, but very cool. The classical instruments are out of this world.

And I also got Scholomance - The Immortality Murder
This is one crazy album. It's so over the place and everywhere all at once, yet still melodic, very techinical and progressive. The second disc is also very interesting, since it's most of the tracks of the first one, just without the vocals, and some eerie piano tracks too.

And finally, Asgaut - Village
Israel's Opeth - very talented. I was glad to hear that the production sounds way better than the demo tracks they released way back when - it took me a few moments to recognize some songs.

Submasq said:
you know, i am quite disappointed by the Arcturus, i dont know what it is but something just doesn't sounds like the Arcturus i know and love....

Yeah.

Submasq said:
maybe i need to give it some more time though

Nah. :D

I've been listening to the Atheist reissues lately. :headbang:

Both Scholomance CDs are amazing. It's a tragedy that this band broke up. If anyone has any news on projects by the former members it would be much appreciated.
The new Solefald ("Red for Fire") is absolutely incredible. Check it out! I'll be stunned if you don't love it.

Submasq said:
you know, i am quite disappointed by the Arcturus, i dont know what it is but something just doesn't sounds like the Arcturus i know and love.... maybe i need to give it some more time though
The Opeth is phenomenal so is the Nevermore... i like how heavy the Opeth is and the progressive parts are real cool.

so what new and exciting in your player lately?

np: clapton - slowhand
:devil:
Meh, try to see SS apart from the former Arcturus releases. Try to make no comparisons, just listen to it and enjoy it. Worked for me, hehe.
A shame Garm's gone away, yeah yeah, I've had that discussion a million times before, but the point is that because Simen joined, Arcturus is doing tours. And that fucking rocks. I mean, check this:
DSC05469.jpg

DSC05449.jpg

Anyway, I'm awaiting this order:
Age of Silence - Complications EP
Akercocke - Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone CD + DVD
Maanegarm - Vredens Tid Digipack
The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Armageddon March Eternal - Symphonies of Slit Wrists

DAMN!! :loco: I fucking WANT this. Some of the best cd's that've been released this year.