Finally The Black Stymphalian EP is ready for release! *Free download*

F*cking awesome.

The music is totally phat and I dig your guitar playing style totally.

But the vocs are not 100% my taste...
Overall awesome EP

Edit: ok, except Embrace the Deacy and Where the strong become weak. Thats more my taste!
Coooooool

This is an excellent work all around, congrats! Not a fan of growling vocals in general but your guitar work, drum programming and overall production is awesome.
I know this isn't a "rate my mix" thread but still, one observation I have is that the kick is a little too loud.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow dude, great EP!
the first song made me bang my head imediatley, which is seldom these days to me \m/
really great product overall...
a pitty that the cover doesnt look as great as the rest sounds :/

Awesome stuff James! :kickass: Congrats on completing it and making it sound so good. Keep us updated when it goes on Amazon. Horns up to all those who contributed on vocals :headbang: Top notch, well done. :)

Holy shit this sounds good. Great production! Can you share some info about amps used etc?

Well i helped James remap this, on the day i was there, we spent what must have been around 6, if not more, hours on getting the 6505 sounding awesome with out much post processing (mainly nailing the Mic placement!!!) His dual Recto was also used, and i believe the end result is a blend of each. Ill let ted fill you in on specifics

Both amps i believe with similar 808 settings, I'm sure James won't mind me posting these... if not, :loco:

P1020113U-1.jpg

6505 settings are a standard set you'd see most users on the forum use no secret there!! must have been the awesometime DM cab!! :D

P1020115U-1.jpg

Nice one James, great music mate. I reckon you've mastered what I call the "arch enemy snare" there. It has the great "sneapesque" smooth pop and a nice reverb. Any information on your snare processing here would be cool.

Nice one James, great music mate. I reckon you've mastered what I call the "arch enemy snare" there. It has the great "sneapesque" smooth pop and a nice reverb. Any information on your snare processing here would be cool.

:worship:

TS settings would be nice too :headbang:

Thanks! Sounds awesome in so many ways :headbang:

Thanks man!

Holy cow!! The production :worship:

The music :worship:

Pro as fuck!

:kickass::headbang: Appreciate it dude!

F*cking awesome.

The music is totally phat and I dig your guitar playing style totally.

But the vocs are not 100% my taste...
Overall awesome EP

Edit: ok, except Embrace the Deacy and Where the strong become weak. Thats more my taste!
Coooooool

Haha thats the cool thing, there is no doubt at least 1 song you may like on it with all the different vocals etc. Keeps it interesting! :headbang: Glad you dig it!

Small intermediate after one listen...

James, you are the man! This is a MASTERPIECE in every way! The compositions, the drums, the riffs, the guitar sound, the solos, the vocals...all is so fucking great man!! I´m 100% pretty sure the people here would buy the record, if you´d sell it. To me a reason to quote one of my favourite Metal songwriters:

Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?

:lol:

Haha wow thanks man!! Glad it wasn't a let down after all this time :headbang: Still keeping you in mind for some future vocals ;) Might be getting some stuff together aswell....but its too early to say for sure :)

As always thanks for the support! :worship:

Wow dude, great EP!
the first song made me bang my head imediatley, which is seldom these days to me m/
really great product overall...
a pitty that the cover doesnt look as great as the rest sounds :/

Thanks dude, ive got a soft-spot for that opening track too! :headbang:

You don't like the cover? I know its simple but its grown on me as I did it myself and its simplistic :lol: If it were a full length album I may think twice though....thanks for your support too!

Amazing work James. If you ever take this music to the stage you have to let me know!!

Will do mate! Glad your digging the stuff :) Thanks for checking it out!

Holy shit this sounds good. Great production! Can you share some info about amps used etc?

Ah Marks partly beat me to it :lol:

Yeah the final tone is dual recto and 6505, Mark helped me with the 6505 side of things and I spent 2 days getting a nice recto tone to fill the tone out even more.

The rectifier side is about the same level as the 6505, normally I drop the 2 inner tracks somewhat but on this I managed to get them all at full pelt throughout :kickass:

Both heads went into the Marshall 1960DM cab as well as a TS808.

TS settings would be nice too :headbang:

OD - 9 o'clock, Tone - 10:30, Level - 12 o'clock ;)

Thanks man!

Ahhh thats exactly the kinda snare vibe I was going for! I took alot of time getting the snare tone right. Not only that but I could get an amazing snare for one track that just wouldn't cut it on another so this was the best all round.

I tried out most Slate snares in combo with almost everything else I had and settled on a blend of 3 snares for the final snare. Also wanted to kinda avoid that typical "Slate" fat snare sound thats so easily distinguishable these days.

I also took 3 days phase aligning the kicks and snares by hand on this, because I had some export cockup that just took a shit on my life!

I also have a decent amount of recording footage of this.....mainly just me sat tracking the guitars and some bass. Will probs edit it up sometime in the near future if any of you would be interested in seeing it?

Yes! Vid Clips or it didnt happen! Oh wait, I guess the audio clips are proof that it did happen. Haha! Great work, man! Thanks for letting me be a part of such an awesome project!

Haha wow thanks man!! Glad it wasn't a let down after all this time Still keeping you in mind for some future vocals Might be getting some stuff together aswell....but its too early to say for sure

As always thanks for the support!

You see me sitting here, drinking my morning coffee, banging my head and singing along with "Falling into Darkness", cause I absolutely love this song. This is a masterpiece in songwriting. Period.

And before I forget it. Compliments to ALL were involved!!! I really dig all vocal performances. The guitar sound is a dream, MetalJonesy and James! :worship:

Concerning possible projects in the future, James. You know, I´m always up to help you out/contribute in any way!

You don't like the cover? I know its simple but its grown on me as I did it myself and its simplistic :lol: If it were a full length album I may think twice though

It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it doesnt match the EP in terms of epicness ;)

Yes! Vid Clips or it didnt happen! Oh wait, I guess the audio clips are proof that it did happen. Haha! Great work, man! Thanks for letting me be a part of such an awesome project!

Haha this is true! Thanks man, pleasure having you on board! :kickass:

The guitar sound is a dream, James and MetalJonesy! :worship:

Fixed! :heh:

And glad your still up for some future colab! :kickass:

It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it doesnt match the EP in terms of epicness ;)

Haha ahh I see! Im still wondering about giving it a whole new look at the moment....would involve the work of others though since I can't do photoshop work up to a good standard! :)

HOLY SHIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! T_T Awesome Music, playing and Production! T_T Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks man, glad your enjoying it! \m/

Fuck me. This makes me want to give up. Seriously. So good. SO GOOOOOOOOD.

The guitar tone is damn near perfect to me - tight throaty crunch. I'm loving this.