Finally, treating my room acoustically.

I wish I could find a picture of the room I am talking about. I can't though. The name of the studio is Mastersound located in Dryden NY.

If you find pictures sometime, post them or the links please. Sounds cool!

Andy's place has kind of the same thing going on; cobblestone walls = tons of random diffusion!

Andy's control room...exactly the type of room I want! Come onnnn lottery! :)

here's some "real" diffusion.

bb5.jpg

From Blackbird Studio C. The entire room is covered in diffusors, they claim no two pieces of MDF are the same length for maximum effectiveness.

Not as far as I had hoped to be, I ran out of wood (getting more tomorrow).

But just these 3 have made quite a noticeable difference believe it or not:

100_0675.jpg

100_0676.jpg

100_0677.jpg

Oh and I know everyone likes to see how things are being constructed so I will try to remember the camera next time I go to build more of these.

Yes they are 6' long and 4" thick. It's a total of 6 sheets of OC703 between them. I wanted to cover more of the corners than anything I did on the walls. The hight of the room is a little under 8'. I was going to do full corners but decided against it for a few reasons (the stupid molding being one and having to do precise measuring at a different location another).

Sorry for not having taken pictures of the process, but I am building 2 more of them possible tomarrow so I promise I will take pics of the guts and the back and how I did everything.

I hung the corners using 2 picture hanger things (since these need to be as non intrusive as possible):

hwr_bulldog100LG.jpg

Picture wire 2 pieces one on each side.

The frames are wood so I just put a tiny eye hook in the frame. Again sorry for being lame I promise pictures of everything tomorrow.

If it was more permanent I would invest in something nicer like the clear shelf thingy I saw at readyacoustics.com

As promised some more detailed "how I did it" info with pics!

Corner absorber (6'X4'x4") frame, wood is red cedar that I got from my Dad's work (installs fence).
100_0678.jpg

Loaded with OC703:
100_0680.jpg

Measuring out the fabric:
100_0681.jpg

Stapling that shit on:
100_0682.jpg

Backside:
100_0685.jpg

Finished length wise:
100_0686.jpg

Now just to do the ends:
100_0687.jpg

Backside done:
100_0688.jpg

Front done:
100_0689.jpg

Top/ends done:
100_0690.jpg

OC703 (no idea why I took the pic)
100_0691.jpg

How the frames are put together:
100_0695.jpg

Framing nails (so I don't split the wood)
100_0696.jpg

Back at ma studio (for those who were curious as to how I hung them):

Measured 2' down on both sides and 7" down as well:
100_0698.jpg

Picture wire (length was decided by the 7" mark to get them both the same):
100_0699.jpg

Picture hangers installed in the corner:
100_0700.jpg

HUNG! (sorry for that being sideways I must have forgotten to flip it in iphoto):
100_0701.jpg

The 4' long wall ones were hung simular but I strung the picture wire across the frame and just hung it on one wall hook instead of 2 (there not that heavy so it would have been overkill to use 2 anyway)

Very cool man, I think I will use your approach when I make the ones for my room. I sat in the corner of my room for the first time a few days ago while listening to a mix I just did and now I know why people that sit in that corner are always like "do you think there is too much bass?", :lol:

I never really sat in the corner, even though I know the effect...I really need to get some treatment in mine. Super helpful pics.

~006