Finally, we see the light....Locust Years is nearly upon us

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
The new album from HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE will be finally available at the end of June 2006 in a deluxe digipack edition.

“The Locust Years” brings the creative song-writing of The Hammers to an upper level, through the creation of a complex Rock Opera in which several different elements perfectly complete each other. Echoes of Yes, Pink Floyd and in general the legacy of 70s progressive rock are mixed with Hammers’ trademark of originality and love for uncommon solutions.

The dramatic, bitter sense of Tragedy that surrounds the album makes it a masterpiece that goes beyond the term of “Metal”, to a wider meaning: “The Locust Years” is the perfect soundtrack for our souring times.

The album was recorded, mixed and mastered by Justin Weis at Trackworx Studios in San Francisco, while the fantastic cover-artwork was created by Thomas Woodruff.

Tracklist:
  1. The Locust Years
  2. We Are the Widows
  3. Trot Out the Dead
  4. Famine’s Lamp
  5. Chastity Rides
  6. War Anthem
  7. Election Day
  8. Widow’s Wall

You know this year has some really rad shit coming out. Tool, Pearl Jam, Scald, Neurosis, Hammers, and probably some other must-haves I'm missing.

Not really paying much attention to new acts though.

NADatar said:
You know this year has some really rad shit coming out. Tool, Pearl Jam, Scald, Neurosis, Hammers, and probably some other must-haves I'm missing.

I'll tell you this, right now the best song of the year BY FAR is sitting under the wings of The End Records.

JayKeeley said:
I'll tell you this, right now the best song of the year BY FAR is sitting under the wings of The End Records.
I can't cheat like you and Erik, I'm waiting for the release date like I do with all other albums I've waited years to hear. :loco:

JayKeeley said:

Something from Ashes other than Falling Snow, no doubt. No spoilers for me. It may also be the only thing preventing Hammers from owning 2006...another concept album and with heavy prog overtones? Best news since I found out Kayo Dot is doing a show in the Village earlier this week...

Demonspell said:
Something from Ashes other than Falling Snow, no doubt. No spoilers for me. It may also be the only thing preventing Hammers from owning 2006...another concept album and with heavy prog overtones? Best news since I found out Kayo Dot is doing a show in the Village earlier this week...

The song I'm assuming he is referring to is "Our Fortress is Burning". Unbelievable music that does not deserve the indignity to be described in words. Just listen.

Reign in Acai said:
The song I'm assuming Jay is referring to is "Our Fortress is Burning". Unbelievable music that does not deserve the indignity to be described in words. Just listen.

I just found out you were referring to "Not Unlike The Waves". Either way Agalloch has done it again. :kickass: