Finally, we see the light....Locust Years is nearly upon us

Where the fuck can I listen to a full song?

"The August Engine Part 2" -- if all their songs were like that, this would be the greatest band of all time

JayKeeley said:
STOP THE PRESS.....

Cruz del Sur are streaming samples (first 90 seconds of each track) HERE.

Balls getting blue....

hey Ali ... you know you are quoted on that page right?

Dick Sirloin said:
Where the fuck can I listen to a full song?

The first track, (title track), is full in the stream.

"The August Engine Part 2" -- if all their songs were like that, this would be the greatest band of all time

"Doomed Parade" is the best song on the album. No wait, maybe it's "Insect". Hang on, it could be "AE part 2"...whatever, they ARE the greatest band of the last decade at least. I 'aint huffing over nothing here.

MFJ said:
shiiiit, I need to get the August Engine...

where you people been?!!

lurch70 said:
hey Ali ... you know you are quoted on that page right?

Cool.

If you remember the Scalzi interview, Cobbet said he wasn't into touring all that much (outside of CA) so I'm obviously going to fly over to NAD and see the tour.

(Actually, they might still play the west coast beyond CA because he recently toured with JARBOE up to Seattle).

JayKeeley said:
"Doomed Parade" is the best song on the album. No wait, maybe it's "Insect". Hang on, it could be "AE part 2"...whatever, they ARE the greatest band of the last decade at least. I 'aint huffing over nothing here.

ha ha ha. anecdote:

Whenever I'm listening to the album, I get to AE part 2, and proclaim it the greatest song ever,

Then Insect gets going and I say "oh right, THIS song is the greatest!",

and then Doomed Parade, same thing. So then I go back to AE part 2 to refresh my memory, and it all happens all over again.

JayKeeley said:

Don't quite see it. I dunno, I listened to the new track and samples and this could be their best material yet. I think it may be Scalzi's vocals that I haven't learned to quite enjoy yet. For 2 years I've been trying to figure out why these guys aren't making me urinate with glee. Cause they should be. In theory.

Maybe you have a greater appreciation for some of the bands that have influenced HoM than most of us around here, making you a more discerning listener in this case?