Finally, we see the light....Locust Years is nearly upon us

JayKeeley said:
Locust Years:

First 3 tracks are incredible - equal to the quality found on TAE. "We are the Widows" might be my favoUrite song thus far.

And then...

"War Anthem" and "Widows Wall" take it up a notch if you can believe that (or at least in a new direction with stronger 70's influence) and will leave your jaw gaping. Vocal harmonies between Jamie and Scalzi are on top form.

Still, I feel like I've still only scratched the surface.

let it be written, thy shall be done...boner rising!

Demilich said:
Figures the guy who already heard it gets it first :zombie:

hahahahaa no shit right!?

Well................I BETTER RECEIVE IT TODAY WHEN MY MAIL COMES!!!

Shit...I heard a knock on my door this morning at 11:30am and though tit was the mailman coming early but it was a fucking constable. :(

If I was to give you some money from my wallet right now, would that make you feel better? [/ronburgundy]

By the way, when listening to this album, remember what Southern Lord always says....

MAXIMUM VOLUME YIELDS MAXIMUM RESULTS. :kickass:

My copy also arrived...damn this is brilliant, diminished role for Scalzi or not...more complete thoughts when I give this a few more listens, but I can already say the coda on Widow's Wall is one of the most triumphant conclusions to an album I've ever heard...

Demonspell said:
My copy also arrived...damn this is brilliant, diminished role for Scalzi or not...more complete thoughts when I give this a few more listens, but I can already say the coda on Widow's Wall is one of the most triumphant conclusions to an album I've ever heard...

:mad:

My copy showed up last night. So far my favorite part is the last 15 seconds, that guitar solo is somethin' really supAr special. This one is definitely a real grower, I'm on listen number two and it's grown from a 6/10 type to a few spine-tingling moments already.

Me: :)

^Yeah, the last half of Widow's Wall is insane. Probably the best song on the album, but Trot out the Dead works so much better now that I see those great lyrics...

Just another masterpiece in the making. I'm just on the look out for tour dates now. Can you imagine a show pulling material from all three albums now? wtf.

Cruz del Sur sent me a CD-R before the promos were made. In the meantime, I pre-ordered the real deal from The End. Two days after that digipak turned up, a real promo arrived in my mail box! If I keep holding my breath and praying to baby jesus, maybe a 2LP vinyl will magically appear under my pillow!!