Finally, we see the light....Locust Years is nearly upon us

Demilich said:
Maybe you have a greater appreciation for some of the bands that have influenced HoM than most of us around here, making you a more discerning listener in this case?

Yeah, so that would mean 70s rock + some extreme metal/thrash + a little prog should = magnifico

Reverend Bizarre have stolen all my listening so far today

Doomcifer, you will be choosing my next CD listen. Make it good. I'm a bit ^.

a) Cathedral - "Forest of Equilibrium"
b) Reverend Bizarre - "Return to the Rectory"
c) Electric Wizard - "Dopethrone"

JayKeeley said:
Hooray for Cruz del Sur and them sending me an advance copy of "The Locust Years" (CD-R)! :kickass:

Real thing should be out in a couple of weeks....
:kickass: I want a review, with ZERO samples. :kickass:
Demilich said:
Reverend Bizarre are overrated, I say.
Yep. I don't see the big deal about them. They sound like 1985 and I don't mean that in a good way.

Locust Years:

First 3 tracks are incredible - equal to the quality found on TAE. "We are the Widows" might be my favoUrite song thus far.

And then...

"War Anthem" and "Widows Wall" take it up a notch if you can believe that (or at least in a new direction with stronger 70's influence) and will leave your jaw gaping. Vocal harmonies between Jamie and Scalzi are on top form.

Still, I feel like I've still only scratched the surface.

I'm going to be a dick and ask someone to upload something from the August Engines just so I can confirm that I want that one too.

Dude, it will be worth it JUST for "The August Engine Pt. 2"... Think of Colour Haze mixed with Genesis - "Nursery Cryme"... theatric badassery.