Finally, we see the light....Locust Years is nearly upon us

circus_brimstone said:
Am I the only one hoping this album will suck beyond belief? :heh:

haha :wave:

nah, i hope these guys love it, but yeah, we're gonna see endless OMG LOW-CUST YeeARS! threads, and it's gonna get annoying. HoM could release an ambient album with rhino's fucking samples and this forum would love it.

(kinda like me with Graveland)

Nate The Great said:
I should get this promo, and if I don't review it, I believe somebody even more qualified will.

I think you should review it considering you're at least familiar with the band. And then, as tradition would have it, send me the promo so I can eventually shelve it next to the real thing. :D

[Actually, Erik has my August Engine promo :( ]

Actually I'm still not quite sold on HoM, even after seeing them live and meeting the band. TAE *should* be a 10/10 for me (knowing my tastes) but... I dunno, we'll see what the new one's like

Reign in Acai said:
I just found out you were referring to "Not Unlike The Waves".

Spies! But yes indeed, just when I was taken aback by "Fire Above, Ice Below", along came "...Waves" and clenched the deal. Just an astoudning piece of work, and I can't get over how lush the production is.

WHAT JOY WE HAD
IN THE LOCUST SUMMERS
WHAT FIRES WE LIT
IN THE LOCUST YEARS

BLACK HUNDREDS
BLACK THOUSANDS

LALALALALALALALA LA LA
LALALALALALALALA LA LA

RIVERS THAT RUN
RUN RIPPLED WITH RED
RAVAGED AND RAPED
WITH A ROAR ROAR ROARING

LALALALALALALALA LA LA
LALALALALALALALA LA LA

HoM is good, but Ludicra is my favorite project of his. Has anybody else heard the first Ludicra album? It's much more "traditional" black metal sounding. Still very original, though.

Nate The Great said:
HoM is good, but Ludicra is my favorite project of his. Has anybody else heard the first Ludicra album? It's much more "traditional" black metal sounding. Still very original, though.

To me it doesn't even compare. Yeah, Ludicra is good, but come on. <- exhibit A

Doomcifer said:
pre-ordering from TER right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kickass:

I read this and thought they had the new Agalloch ready to pre-order, but I will do the same immediately after finishing this. Been waiting for this since being the first here (besides Heir Raggi anyway) to hear the majestic title track...

wait, who's preordering what...lowcost beers or asses against the brain? both are must haves so off to TER I go anyway.

EDIT: locust years is on pre-order????? that can only mean this band has a wider following than i thought. uh oh.

EDIT 2: ordered. :kickass:

JayKeeley said:
EDIT: locust years is on pre-order????? that can only mean this band has a wider following than i thought. uh oh.

I think it's more of a Cruz Del Sur thing for some reason. Pharaoh was available for pre-order earlier this year.

Anyway, it's about fucking time this thing was coming out. I want to hear it.

STOP THE PRESS.....

Cruz del Sur are streaming samples (first 90 seconds of each track) HERE.

hammers_cover_web.gif

Balls getting blue....

I like them pretty equally, but I suppose The August Engine might be less "metal" and more "classic". I can throw on TAE whatever mood I'm in. Easily top 5 albums of all time for me, no question.

The title track is there in its entirety for anyone who missed it first time around, and I cannot stress how awesome that cover is...vinyl is mandatory for that type of art. First impressions: Some beautiful acoustics on Famine's Lamp. Just got dickteased by an awesome riff appearing right before one of the samples cut off...another reason why I usually avoid incomplete mp3s. Election Day has a straight out of 1972 organ solo on it. Not sure if I like Scalzi being less present vocally than the females, but these are short excerpts and I'll have to wait until the album to assess that one...

Only the excerpt of "We are the Widows"....but holy shit... :kickass: x 100

Demonspell said:
Not sure if I like Scalzi being less present vocally than the females, but these are short excerpts and I'll have to wait until the album to assess that one...

Yeah I noticed that, but these could be 10 minute songs for all we know. I'll wait too.