Find my data

Sep 16, 2004
www.whereshewept.com
Anyone recomend something good for data recovery?

I know windows fucked with my data drive. I upgraded my windows drive from ATA to SATA and moved my data drive to another IDE channel. and windows did some weird error checking at boot, said it was rewriting some sort of security ID. but i got the BSOD when i tried to view the drive in windows explorer so I put the drive back on the old channel and everthing was ok till today. and the folder is gone, i know there's no way i would have deleted it, even by accident. I have most of it backed up, but not all of it.

It suck´s but can be solved...i once "deleted" all my disk drive (160Gb)!!!!!1:OMG:

After searching the web i used the following:
check out ontrack site
http://www.ontrack.com/software/
with this i recovered the avi´s mpg´s,etc........

Also, i used a program called file scavenger for recovering my mp3

good news was that i was able to recover everything on that disk:headbang:
bad news, i had buy another disk to put the recovered data, but no problem:p

hope this helps

Also there many other options u can use........search the mule:saint:

I used Restorer2000 once to recover some files (2-3GB each) I deleted by error.
And it made it.

There are free utilities too HERE, but I haven't tried them.

This is part of Microsoft's strategerie to cut down on pirated copies of XP. Just reinstall Windows with your new config and you'll be fine.

Well i sort of "Found" the files. scandisk decided they were lost clusters so now i have to recover all the *.chk files. i'm trying a program now. all i did was move the HD to another Channel and windows threw a fit. to add insult to injury i've been running a pirated copy of XP for years and never had a problem. I got an official copy a few months ago and had a few crashes after install so i used up my 3 activations.