Finding Truth in The Lies that Come out of Bush's Mouth...

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
BUSH HAS FAILED AMERICA

BUSH FAILED TO PROTECT OUR HOMELAND FROM ATTACK

First, Bush opposed the creation of the Department of Homeland Security. Since 9/11, he’s failed to adequately fund our nation’s first responders, cutting first responder training grants by nearly half in his 2005 budget. Bush has failed to secure the nation’s ports and borders, properly screen air and sea cargo, or create a unified terror watch list. Today, only 5 percent of the cargo coming into the nation’s ports is properly screened, most air cargo goes unscreened, and only one border agent is available for patrol per every 5 miles of the U.S. Canadian border. Bush has cut funding for first responder training by nearly half, cut port security grants by 75 percent, and has plans to cut DHS funding by $1 billion if he is re-elected. [www.omb.gov; Deseret Morning News, 7/20/03; The Hill, 4/30/03; Sarasota Herald-Tribune, 8/01/04; Washington Post, 5/27/04]

BUSH FAILED AMERICA’S KIDS BY BREAKING HIS WORD ON EDUCATION
In total, Bush’s budget requests have underfunded No Child Left Behind by $27 billion. Twenty-two state legislatures have considered over the past two years calling for changes in No Child Left Behind or opting out of the legislation altogether. Additionally, Bush has continually broken his 2000 campaign promise to increase Pell Grant awards to $5,100, leaving needy college students without the resources they need to pay for skyrocketing tuition costs. [www.ed.gov; www.nea.org; The Wallace Foundation, www.wallacefoundation.org; GAO, May 2003; Center for Education Policy, May 2004 Education Week, 1/7/04]

BUSH FAILED ON HEALTH CARE: AMERICA IS SICKER UNDER BUSH
The number of uninsured has swelled under Bush by 5.2 million to a total of 45.0 million, 15.6 percent of the total population. Since 2000, the percentage of Americans with health coverage through their job has dropped 3.2 percent to just 60.4 percent. [Census Bureau, Current Population Reports]

Families are paying $792 (49 percent) more in health expenses and individuals are paying $168 (50 percent) more than just four years ago. [Kaiser/HRET Survey of Employer Health Benefits 2003]

Although Bush signed his Medicare bill in December 2003, seniors will not see cheaper prescription prices when it is implemented in 2006, because it does nothing to control the rising cost of drugs. According to Consumers Union, "most beneficiaries will face higher out-of-pocket costs for prescription drugs after full implementation, despite the benefit." [Consumers Union, 11/17/03]

The soundbytes I have heard from the convention: winning the war on a mysterious "terror", the "safety" bush has created, the democrats being weak on fighting for "America", sound as if they were scripted by a Fascist or COmmunist regime. This is really getting disgusting. The faux nationalism that covers their insatiable greed and police state is making me sick to my stomach. This is America, republicans are supposed to be about getting the state off our backs, not setting up a religious police state.

A hairy muff is just rude. That's just a basic disregard for personal hygiene. Excuseable is the bird is fat and/or young...

Yeah, an unconditioned and hairy muff is bad news. But bald is like looking at a 10 year old, or someone who's just gone through chemotherapy, or someone who had to get rid of a lice/termite/rodent infestation.

JayKeeley said:
Yeah, an unconditioned and hairy muff is bad news. But bald is like looking at a 10 year old, or someone who's just gone through chemotherapy, or someone who had to get rid of a lice/termite/rodent infestation.
:lol: :ill: I'm gonna kill you if I start seeing them that way. How's that gonna make me look if I piss myself laffing when a bird gets her panties off now?

Darth Cheney says: "Luke, vote for us or America will suffer another catastrophic terror attack."

darth_cheney.jpg

I can't believe he said that the other day. That's using dictatorship scare tactics!

Whoa, I think I agree with him!

Your new signature kicks ass, was that the article with the picture-picture band picture? I haven't read it yet.