Finished mix - comments welcome.

oz,

great stuff.

i don't have the credibility as someone who just started in the world of recording and production to make comments but from a "civilians" POV the only thing i sense is that the vocals are a tad low. and of course its based on preference but the snare could be tighter.

the singers remind me of the girl and guy from lacuna coil. especially the female vox. very close. kinda looks like her too. if lacuna coil played more traditional metal this is what they would sound like.

It's a combination of 5150 & Mesa Rectifier using the dual 57 on/off axis technique. Quad tracked.

what did you mean by the on/off technique. i'm struggling most to get a good guitar tone recorded. i'm having a hard time getting a clear recording. forget mixing it and tracking it. it's either my mic placement or mic preamp. but i don't know how it can make such a big difference. however i was curious as to what technique you were alluding to.

thanks and once again great mix!

what did you mean by the on/off technique. i'm struggling most to get a good guitar tone recorded. i'm having a hard time getting a clear recording. forget mixing it and tracking it. it's either my mic placement or mic preamp. but i don't know how it can make such a big difference. however i was curious as to what technique you were alluding to.

Hope you've got some spare time....
READ THIS THREAD

Hey Glen, thanks for sharing.

As per usual neither the band nor the mix are to my own liking, but I'm glad you're pushing on and doing your thing. People sharing their work and methods are what make this place so great. Cheers.