Finnish shows in April 2010

I would always rather see COB (or any other band) live. I've been to as many of their live shows as I'm able (including several in Finland). But travelling is expensive for me and if I can't afford to attend in person, the next best thing (for me, anyway) would be a live broadcast of the show (assuming it's with the band's permission, naturally.) Of course it's no substitute for the real thing and I wasn't suggesting that, but neither is it always possible to attend the live shows. I'd rather see them 'from behind a screen' than not at all. Incidentally, the DJBB live stream was really cool.

^ Then things like a live DVD featuring all Finnish shows should be released for fans to buy, as opposed to every COB fan sitting at their pc instead. It'd be a nice thing, sure, but as one said, t-shirts and live shows are all bands have nowadays, thanks to illegal CD and DVD downloading/burning. Of course, that brings you back to the first thing said I said about releasing a DVD, but it'd be better than doing the whole thing for free.

That's why I wonder why they don't at least hire good artists to design their shirts. Someone might think they're generally cool, but I've seen much better kind of art. Then again the shirts themselves are cheap rags to save in production fees, so I personally wouldn't wear them anyway.

but it would save me a shit-load of money if they would broadcast the entire show live on their website, as Don Johnson Big Band are doing tomorrow, for their gig at Tavastia.
Viewers will be able to choose from a number of camera angles (from static video cameras to mobile phone cams in the audience): how about it, COB?

I ddin't know about that kind of thing. It's nice, i could pay for watching a show. Being able to see a concert when it's performed is another kind of experience.

Speaking of sales :
I'd like a contest that would consist of getting a unique number in cd's (dvd's etc...) that would give us the chance to win something. I mean, I'm tired of stupid contests that are totally subjectives like the Alexi Impersonation, Find a Cover Idea, Play a killer solo and meet the band etc... These ideas are fun but it doesn't really reward buyers. Well I can't really complain because the ones who organize and pay (most of ) the prizes aren't the label. Still, the label should organize more contests or privileges for buyers.

Nothing wins being present in a show. I doubt many would get excited about seeing a live show on your laptop on shit quality and slow connection and inaudible sounds. But if you could cord it to display on your 42" lcd telly and 5.1 speakers and basswoofer and be able to DRINK while watching with mates in a dark room, that would be something.

I'm going to draw a portrait of Alexi in hopes of being able to meet him after a show and get it signed.

Do you think this is a good idea? ;D

I would love to go to Finland on vacation. And when I say that I mean I'll use a vacation as an excuse to see COB in April. How much do trips to Finland usually cost? And which would be a better place to go to Tampere or Oulu? Which would be easier to convince the family to go to I mean.

I would love to go to Finland on vacation. And when I say that I mean I'll use a vacation as an excuse to see COB in April. How much do trips to Finland usually cost? And which would be a better place to go to Tampere or Oulu? Which would be easier to convince the family to go to I mean.

Tampere would probably be more enjoyable. It's bigger (and considerably further south) than Oulu. Accommodation anywhere is not cheap either.

As for plane tickets, they're fucking expensive. Both times I've travelled there, my tickets have been really expensive. (Around $2000 return, both times.)

So, my advice is to start saving your pennies.:lol:

The trick is to find the cheapest company to fly with I guess.. and to book way in advance.. But transatlantic flights in general are expensive..
Although a friend of mine flew from Dusseldorf to LA for about €300 I think.. So it is possible.. I'd suggest to check out as much companies as possible.. So what if you have to transfer, if it saves you a couple hundreds??

I believe you'd have to transfer, no matter what, coming from the states.
London, Amsterdam or Frankfurt were the cheapest options when I looked.

Personally, I'm a little worried about always going for the cheapest possible flight I can find, as those companies often don't have the best reputations. Another thing to consider when booking tickets is to do it through a travel agent. That way if something gets messed up, they can sort it out for you. If you have any hassles, having someone who knows what they're doing to back you up is worth the slightly higher price, in my opinion.

I always fly through Germany because our flighttaxes in the NL are crazy.. It can save me about €100 per flight.. But I don't know if you notice anything of that when you're just passing through..
I always fly with Air Berlin to Helsinki.. It's cheap and rather good for the price.. I know they fly transatlantic, but I don't know if you can go transfer to Helsinki if you come from the States with Air Berlin, depends on the airport where you transfer I think..

Yeah, it's interesting how many (or how few) transfers you can make just to get to Scandinavia when flying out of North America.
I used Lufthansa and Martin Air when I flew, and have no complaints about either airline. But Martin Air from here doesn't work anymore, as they scrapped the direct flights to Amsterdam from here.

I just checked.. Air Berlin flies from New York JFK through Dusseldorf to Helsinki.. But it depends on which date you fly if it's possible..
I've had no complaints about Air Berlin, but I've only been to Helsinki and back with them. I don't know about their transatlantic reputation.. But Air Berlin is a daughtercompany from Lufthansa I think..

Maybe worth checking out?

If they're involved with Lufthansa, they're probably pretty decent.
I wouldn't be surprised if you had to fly Lufthansa or a partner company out of the States, and then switch to an Air Berlin flight, if you went that route. But Lufthansa has a good reputation, so checking them out would probably be worth it.

Doesn't really matter to me, as I won't have the cash to fly anywhere for a while.:Smug:

Tampere would probably be more enjoyable. It's bigger (and considerably further south) than Oulu. Accommodation anywhere is not cheap either.

As for plane tickets, they're fucking expensive. Both times I've travelled there, my tickets have been really expensive. (Around $2000 return, both times.)

So, my advice is to start saving your pennies.:lol:

If you fly from North America overseas to Europe tickets are bound to be extremely expensive. Within Europe, if I got a flight like 5 days before the flight, it'd go (I'm talking Spain-Finland and guessing it'll be similar with other countries around Europe, probably cheaper the closer those are) for around 600€ both flights (go and return). But if bought with time (2-3 months) you could get it for a bit over 200€ (both flights too).