Finntroll Strangeness

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
I know this aint a Finntroll forum, but I'm damned if I'll post on an ezboard! :D

Anyway, I just realised my copy of Jaktens Tid has 'Promotional Copy Only' on the disc itself... is this normal (ie, a pressing-wide mispring), or did I actually get something special?

Well promos shouldn't be so common. But what it also could be is maybe it is a fake promo: if it just got a promo sticker and otherwise is the same as the original. Did you pay anything extra than a normal cd for it?

well, promos are usually cheaper.. often 'cuz it is not a final product, often it comes without booklet and only in a slip case(without the normal cd-case)
but sometimes they are exactly like the 'normal' copy...

What does it look like Mark is it in a regular jewel case or a slipcase? Does it have a hole punched in it somewhere? I have seen these Finntroll promos on ebay a few times, most people seem to shy away from promos. Usually they are wanted only by collectors....

kinda off topic here but am I the only one that doesnt really feel the whole polka thing of Finntroll, I downloaded one song off Jaktens Tidd (forgot name) and it starts off fuckin amazing and all of the sudden he starts with the polka type vocals.......eh....:confused:

Originally posted by Final_Vision
kinda off topic here but am I the only one that doesnt really feel the whole polka thing of Finntroll, I downloaded one song off Jaktens Tidd (forgot name) and it starts off fuckin amazing and all of the sudden he starts with the polka type vocals.......eh....:confused:

Was it this one you heard; "Slaget vid Blodsälv"?
It's one hell of a track. Polka all the way! >:eek:)
Quite irritating actually, but I like it! >:eek:)
Finntroll are amazing!

Ok forgive me, I had previously downloaded the title track to Jaktens Tid and listened to like the first 30 seconds, giving up after the polka vox started. But today I DLd the whole fucking song and damnit it slays! I should be shot for doubting these guys, great music, total aggressive metal. :headbang:

Ok Bennyboy, I'll look for it next time I'm at the one single fucking store that stocks Finntroll in Brisbane! :p

(JB HiFi had 20 copies of bloody Slipknot's newie, but not one Finntroll disc! PUH!)