Finntroll...

Stimuli

Crazy Bastard
Jun 16, 2005
Toronto
Just saw them with Sodom tonight...the show was fuckin insane...

just curious if anyone here has checked out Finntroll... if not... i think its a worth while venture...

Love Finntroll! The funniest keys Ive ever heard! and loads of head-banging. Saw them live at London Camden Underworld last year and managed to have a beer with the vocalist before the gig, the bloke (and he's huge) was just sitting in the pub above the venue, having his beer on his own and looking rather sad =)
But there were 2 more acts on the score, so by the time Finntroll came on stage, I was too pissed to enjoy the show properly, shame on me! The sound was rather rubbish as well.

http://foto.inbox.lv/natalie~g/HAIR/p1010297.jpg

I have to admit i dont really understand them... I gave them a try after discovering the wonders of folk metal through Moonsorrows "Kivenkatnaja" album. The music just seems silly to me... maybe thats the point :S

Ayr said:
who's Bill Bailey?

:OMG:

2003-january-bill-bailey.jpg

Funniest man on the planet right now.

And also what Akerfelt Will look like in 20 years. If the rock and roll lifestyle really fucks him up.

they are great ;) ... viking metal is fun :) lots of bands out there btw, perhaps not as well known in the USA ...

and Korpiklaani is amazing!!! you HAVE to see them live! :) but I doubt they'll go to the USA any time soon :) ... I garantee everyone here that you will have an amazing good time when you see Korpiklaani live!

Finntroll is Trollish metal (I don't know if I wrote Trollish correctly?!?!?!?!), The trolls and the vikings are enemies, well at least in the nordic mithology...

Black Session, why are you talking about the USA? Noone from there on this thread so far. Doubt that viking/folk-metal bands will travel to Canada/Australia anytime soon either... =(