Finntroll...

BastardSonOfGod said:
Finntroll is Trollish metal (I don't know if I wrote Trollish correctly?!?!?!?!), The trolls and the vikings are enemies, well at least in the nordic mithology...

=)
by the way, is it true that they sing in Swedish, although they are Finnish?

Ayr said:
Black Session, why are you talking about the USA? Noone from there on this thread so far. Doubt that viking/folk-metal bands will travel to Canada/Australia anytime soon either... =(

:cry: ....:wave: ......I want Korpiklanni!:headbang:

Yea... January 11th was their first trip to Canada... they got a very warm reception... as did Sodom... both bands couldnt believe they had so many fans here...

as for them being boring... they defenitly do have a "sound" that they sttick too... so if ur not diggin them after three songs you prolly just wont like them... but i personally really enjoyed the over-the-top keyboards.... howev er, the best part is the names of the songs :headbang:

BastardSonOfGod said:
Yeah... That's a good question... Why they sing in Swedish if they are Finnish????

Because Finland has 2 official languages, Finnish and Swedish and if I remember right, the original vocalist was Finlands Swedish.

M.Lehto said:
Because Finland has 2 official languages, Finnish and Swedish and if I remember right, the original vocalist was Finlands Swedish.

Oh... that guy (Vocalist) commit suicide right???? or was the guitar player????

Even tho I don't understand a fucking word of the lyrics, I love the music and I have all the albums. Even with all the line up changes they are still kicking ass. I hope they come out with some new shit soon.

Ayr said:
Turisas =)))
who's Bill Bailey?
Moonsorrow are great!

More folk-metal: Korpiklaani (Purely Scandinavian) http://www.korpiklaani.com/

Tyr (Faroe Islands) http://www.tyr.net/

German In Extremo (loads of traditional instruments, some latin-english-German lyrics) http://www.inextremo.de/

Thanks for those recommendations! I have sampled Tyr and really like. I'll probably be picking up a record from them soon... others yet to be sampled. (I'm from the U.S. by the way... and have been all over this thread like all the other threads, yet I rarely post unless I feel I have something worthwhile to contribute)

Out of curiosity (and this is to all who read it)... what is "Folk" actually anyway? I thought it was along the lines of "Organic"... like specifically influenced by the country or area of origin. Like a nordic region band with viking lyrical content. Am I wrong? If not, "Folk" would by definition have a completely meaning depending on the origin of the band that plays the music.... I think.

Ok, then.

Out.:devil:

BastardSonOfGod said:
Oh... that guy (Vocalist) commit suicide right???? or was the guitar player????

1. Nobody in Finntroll commited suicide.

2. Somnium (the guitar-player) died by falling from a bridge in Helsinki. This happened simply because he was drunk as fuck.

3. Finntroll's original vocalist, Katla, chose to write lyrics in Swedish, because he was a Swede living in Finland, and it was his native tongue. He had to quit the band, because of a tumor he got from growling...

-People, get your facts together before even ATTEMPTING to explain something about Finntroll. Otherwise, the trolls will come for you. :Smokedev:

Lietuvis said:
1. Nobody in Finntroll commited suicide.

2. Somnium (the guitar-player) died by falling from a bridge in Helsinki. This happened simply because he was drunk as fuck.

3. Finntroll's original vocalist, Katla, chose to write lyrics in Swedish, because he was a Swede living in Finland, and it was his native tongue. He had to quit the band, because of a tumor he got from growling...

-People, get your facts together before even ATTEMPTING to explain something about Finntroll. Otherwise, the trolls will come for you.

No... It was Suicide... Look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finntroll

On the section FORMER MEMBERS at the end... Just Three beers... He wasn't drunk... :(