Firepod and studio monitor

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Hi Firepod users
How do you connect the monitors to the firepod? Through the main cr output?
How it works? Output 1 for left channel and 2 for right channel?
I'm very curious because the powered monitors have the volume pot in one of the two speaker..and if you connect 2 speaker in 2 separate output, I don't understand how it works..
Which monitors do you use with firepod?What type of connection/jack?
Could someone explain this?

Thank you all

Haeven't checked the pdf but the printed manual doesn't tell you! :p
Just try by connecting only one monitor and the pan a signal hard left/right to find out which one you've got.
One my FirePod 1=Left 2=Right.

I use Yamaha HS80M's with my Firepod. TRS balanced lead from CR 1 out to the Left Monitor and TRS Balanced lead from CR 2 out to Right Monitor. I set the Volumes on the back to +4dB and control the overall volume with the Main Volume on the front of the Firepod. I never touch the Volumes on the monitors. Don't know if this is right or wrong, but it's what I do.

ive always wondered, if i have say a firepod, and i buy some super snazzy 10,000 dollar mic preamp and i want to use it, where do i plug it into the firepod? wouldnt putting it into any of the inserts make it also go through the firepod preamps also? making it kind of redundant to send a great preamp into a shitty one

I set the Volumes on the back to +4dB and control the overall volume with the Main Volume on the front of the Firepod. I never touch the Volumes on the monitors. Don't know if this is right or wrong, but it's what I do.
I'm curious about that too...
I just set the volume on the monitors to whats the loudest I'm ever going to blast (with the FirePod @ 10). Really interested if that's right or wrong...