Firepod/FP10 users - a favour..

No Bleed.

I am a bit confused by your comment "I don't get bleed (but then only get one side of a headphone)." though.

Hmm

Thanks for that. Any FP10 users can give this a try? Maybe its just the FP10's (or just mine)

I meant by that.. if I use Output 3 I get no bleed, but there's no 'headphones' slot, just a L and R. So I guess Ima have to buy a headphone amp to plug in there, otherwise I only get one side the headphones.

Output 1 and 2 is the output of the DAW Output 3-8 is the output of there perspective preamp... from what I remember.

Only preamps 1-2 have an output. 3-8 can be used to send from different channels out of the DAW. This is what I use for reamping.

Alright, worked this out I think.

I'd accidentally installed the Firepod drivers instead of the FP10 drivers when I first installed the FP10, so I installed the FP10 drivers over them, and thought I deleted the Firepod drivers...

I checked today and BOTH drivers were installed, and somehow the Firepod drivers at a later date than the FP10's. No idea what happened there..

Anyway, I uninstalled all the drivers I had, and then reinstalled the FP10 drivers and now it seems to be fine. The problem is still there sometimes, but honestly, its about 1/4 of the volume of the noise floor. Unnoticeable. I guess its just part of the design, and the Firepod drivers brought it out really badly.

Fuck. Just realized I have the same problem.

I recorded an audio track with just the metronome on, and if you put the volume up you hear the click. That sucks.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/317666/metronomegay.wav

That wav is me playing through input 1 with my headphones through outputs 1L and 2R and no monitors on.

If I record with outputs 3L and 4R there's no metronome bleed but I hear nothing.

It's 3:30 am I'm drunk and fucking pissed off. I don't have another 500 to spend :mad:

Sorry, I realised later it wasn't the drivers. I was using a power cable from my keyboard which happened to fit. When I went back to the Presonus cable the problem went mostly away (its still there but barely noticeable).

Try that.

I have an original Firepod, original drivers but updated the Firmware (I think it was for daisy-chaining but I'm not 100% sure).

I've just done a test using only the metronome click in Cubase.

I have the same issue too.

I unplugged everything so all I had was my Firepod running, nothing but the power cable and firewire cable plugged into it.

To hear the click on the recording I had to boost the gain up really, really high but it's definately there!

Thats kinda crazy fellas, I have used firepods in the past and FP10's currently and have never encountered this issue. :err: