firepod users come in please...

VH100R

Jul 13, 2006
Porto, Portugal
Was using the Firepod with a 3ms latency with the bundled driver 1.20 and Cubase SX3 was reporting IO latency of 3,5ms. Ok I can live with that.

last night updated the driver to the new v.2.42 and got a latency increase to Input of 4,626 and Output of 6,485 when using the 3ms setting on the FP control panel. WTF?

have you experienced this too?

using Windows XP Professional with SP2

P4 3,2 GHz and 1GB of RAM.

by the way is there any software mixer for the FP? I saw a pic of a software mixer on the review of the Firepod from Music Tech Magazine issue 20...

take care

LG

haven't upgraded the firmware yet.

My spdif works fine... tried it with the POD pro.

thanx anyway

Update the firmware!!!!

The drivers are made to work with the newest firmware.

BTW I'm running mine in Vista now, and on the 1.5ms setting I get 1.2ms of latency:kickass:

I went back to driver v2.14. and did the firmware update.

same results...

Haven't tested the SPDIF yet to see if it works now with the new firmware.

I think I'm gonna have to go to the original v1.20 driver to see if that solves the latency increase.:erk:

hmmm, I'm not seeing it..The only directory I have for the Firepod has the driver folder and the control panel icon. The control panel doesn't say anything about a firmware updater. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place?

That's where it should be. Maybe they have it online. Also, check the disk the firepod came with if you still have it.

Edit: It's not on their website.

to update the firmware I downloaded the file that's on presonus site.

its called something v.2.14.25 and is a driver update and in the end you get a popup asking if you want to update the firmware.

on that zip file you have the updater application if you want to skip the driver.

Well I went back to this driver and did the firmware update and my SPDIF works 100% no problems.

tracked at 1,5 ms in the control panel. no issues either.

is just that cubase reports a higher latency and that is eating my brain because it didn't do it before with driver v1.20

take care

Hey...I found the solution for the "4.0ms" problem.
Right click on the firepod icon in your system tray, go to CPU and select High.
Now my firepod can go down to 2.0ms

yep the tester...

I'm using Audition2.0 with a e6600 Intel core2duo.

I set the cpu to High....and set to 10ms.....still got crackles, even when I use only one of the 2 Firepod I have.

I probably dont have latency problems being you got the same latency results I did. Maybe a hardware, firewire cables, or computer problem then huh?