Firewind: Apollo Will Not Appear in the States

No, I didn't know. That is why I was asking. I have heard Firewind songs but I am not too familiar with the lineup besides the (IMHO) overrated Gus G.
Deaf as well as blind? :devil:
Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :saint: You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion, but you'll not likely find many here in agreement.

I loved Allegiance and Apollo put on an excellent performance at Sweden Rock last year, but I'm looking forward to hearing the new guy. (Afterall, line-up changes are more constant than most bands and it's better to be open-minded)
It's all Firewind to me as long as Gus keeps playing. :headbang:

Just found out, I'm so glad I skipped the festival I would have been pissed to hear the band without Apollo.

Insult all you want but I think Gus G hasn't done anything groundbreaking or original. It's not like I hate the music, I used to listen to Mystic Prophecy, Dream Evil, and I've heard the first Firewind album and still enjoy them but it's nothing I haven't heard before. He's a good guitarist but get's hailed as the next big guitarist by power metal fans (nothing against PM fans, I'm one of them) when I have not heard anything to dignify him of such a reputation. I'm open to suggestions though.

But go ahead, tell me I don't know anything about guitars, or make fun of my screen name, or anything but take the argument on.

But go ahead, tell me I don't know anything about guitars, or make fun of my screen name, or anything but take the argument on.

Your username is funny. :heh:

l keed l keed. :cool:

I'm kinda in agreement with you. Gus is a good player, but he hasn't done anything miraculous...nothing that would make people be able to pick him out of a crowd of other good players. He's just solid technically. Blind allegiances abound...all puns intended. :)

l do like some of the material he writes...that's a strongpoint for him for sure. Especially Forged By Fire...he & Chity nailed it on that one.

Insult all you want but I think Gus G hasn't done anything groundbreaking or original. It's not like I hate the music, I used to listen to Mystic Prophecy, Dream Evil, and I've heard the first Firewind album and still enjoy them but it's nothing I haven't heard before. He's a good guitarist but get's hailed as the next big guitarist by power metal fans (nothing against PM fans, I'm one of them) when I have not heard anything to dignify him of such a reputation. I'm open to suggestions though.

Awww, it was just a wee joke. Come on, it was a little bit funny. :p

I kinda thought Metalium was more well known, but a lot of people don't really seem familiar with Henning's work.

Oughta be a cool performance...looking forward to it!

Rock on!

Allow me to confess my fanboy-ness for Henning's vocal prowess on the first Metalium disc. That album is absolutely KILLER. Ruthless vocal abilities that can break windshields.

I'm gonna be GEEKED for this performance. \m/ \m/

:worship: Hennning Basse

I can't be too hard on any Dio fan, eventhough I disagree with you. :headbang: In all fairness, I don't think he's doing anything groundbreaking, but I think he's a top tier guitarist.

~Brian~

I cannot even begin to put into words how pissed off about this I am. I've seen the band twice with Apollo and thought both times that he did a great job. Met him too, and he came across as one of the nicest musicians I'd ever met.

Haven't heard Henning with them but heard he did a good job when he stepped in before. Seeing Firewind next week at Bloodstock. I shall let you all know what I thought.

First let me say I'm sorry for those of you looking forward to hearing Appollo. That said, Henning Basse will be at ProgPower!!!!!!!!!!:OMG: :kickass: :headbang:

Does he have the Dio-esque voice the other singer had?

You have NO idea! Anyone that's an old school Rainbow fan needs to look up Uli Kusch's Rainbow tribute called Catch the Rainbow. Basse does most of the vocals including a mind-blowing version of "Rainbow Eyes" that is every bit as good as the original, maybe even better sacreligious as that is to say.

Well...never wish to hear any member of any band can't make it for whatever reason. Had not heard anything from this band until they were announced....so went out and got Forged by Fire, which over time, I really grew to like a lot. Nothing overly original, but very solid.

Then went out and got Allegiance.
Am not overly thrilled with the new one....has not seen much playing time.
Not so sure if it is the vocals or the music and while I tend to side on the vocal change being what I have not liked on this album, the songs do not seem as strong either.

Gus G.....all i can say is one does not have to be an inovater to be phenomenal player.....am looking forward to seeing him play.

I got home from Bloodstock a few days ago and although I missed Apollo, I thought Henning did a good job.
I also saw them a couple of days later at another venue and was even more impressed. He has great vocals, good crowd interaction also met him later, and he seems a real nice guy.
After speaking with various members of Firewind, all said that Apollo would definately be returning and his absence is only temporary, but for the rest of the year.

I was also looking forward to meeting Apollo, I just released the EVIL MASQUERADE album THIRD ACT (with 2 bonus tracks- hint hint) with his amazing vocals on it to North America....And will have their newest album in 2008 as well on Nightmare.

He has a most unique and wonderfully thick vocal attack!

Lance

Totally agree, he has great vocals. Also..Evil Masquerade ROCKS!!!..and Third Act is brilliant proof of that! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: