Firewind: Apollo Will Not Appear in the States

Why do lineup changes suprise anyone, and why do they get attributed to some kind of ProgPower curse? These kind of bands have linup changes frequently, but most go unnoticed since they're not currently in anyone's spotlight. Take for example the Evergrey bassist change.

Firewind has been anything but stable having had three singers in four albums. I agree with DrumRman that Apollo is the weakest of the three, and Basse is a welcome change as far as I'm concerned.

Is Stephen Frederick still scheduled to appear with Firewind as a guest vocalist at ProgPower?

As much as I love Apollo's performance on Allegiance, Henning in one of the few vocalists I've been dying to see live. This is a very welcome change, and one that I'll be enjoying thoroughly as my band opens for them at the Pearl Room in September. This is sweet!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

As much as I love Apollo's performance on Allegiance, Henning in one of the few vocalists I've been dying to see live.

Met-Al

Agreed. Apollo is great on Allegiance, but I've always wanted to hear Henning live, as well. Go listen to the Metalium debut if you haven't heard Henning's vocals. "Striiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkkeee down the heathen..." :headbang::kickass:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Firewind is Gus G.'s band. I think every album has a different lineup on it.

I like Apollo and their more mellow approach on this album (read - its good for radio airplay), but I'll have to check out this "new" singer (who obviously has been around for a while).

Sorry to hear Apollo won't make it, but I think its more than just "problems back home". My gut feeling guess is that there's MUCH more to it than that. (my guess - he and the rest of the band didn't get along) :Smug:

I kinda thought Metalium was more well known, but a lot of people don't really seem familiar with Henning's work.

Oughta be a cool performance...looking forward to it!

Rock on!

Apollo is better in Time Requiem anyway. Can't comment on the new guy...Metalium doesn't register on my radar.

Those vocals on FBF are handled by Chity Somapala who now sings for CIVILIZATION ONE.

Also, vocalist in the now defunct prog metal band Avalon. Eurasia was one of the better prog metal albums to ever be released.