Firewind Roll Call

If I'd remembered about the Southampton gig then I might have been up for it

Shame to see Apollo can't make it due to family reasons, although Mats Leven is a great singer as his replacement

Well I went along to Talking Heads in Southampton to see Firewind/Wolf/Nephwrack.....

Wasn't overly impressed by either of the opening two bands to be honest......"plod" metal in my opinion.....nothing I hadn't heard before in 1985 to be honest.

Firewind, on the other hand, were very good indeed. Mats Leven, filling in for Apollo on this UK tour, was outstanding in every respect. Vocals, frontman skills and image were all top notch and I thoroughly enjoyed his performance. If you are going to the shows in Manchester, Glasgow or Reading you are in for a treat!

Gus, Bob, Petros and their new drummer (can't remember his name) were all excellent as well. Managed to grab a quick word with the guys, in particular Bob and Petros after the show, and chat about old times which was great. Bumped into Gus briefly who greeted me with "There's a face I know, but I don't recognise the beard" haha!