FIREWIND U.S. tour?

Purveyor Of Evil

Heavy Metal, INC.
Mar 17, 2003
Hughestown, PA.
Visit site
These quotes from Gus G. on Blabbermouth.net are from the NAMM convention.

"I am very excited to announce that our new album, 'Allegiance', is now available in the U.S. The response from the press is really amazing! Our music finally has good U.S. distribution and promotion. All you have to do is go to your local record store, get a copy and pledge your 'Allegiance'.

"There's plenty of tour dates coming in 2007, and they definitely involve a U.S. tour as well. Stay tuned for more info, and thanks for the support.

A U.S. tour sounds great to me!

This would be interesting to see what type of bill they would be on- Not sure how well they would do on their own-- but I would love to see it regardless!!

They better be on tour with other power metal bands. If it's Firewind nestled between shitty death metal band A and unrelated hardcore/metalcore band B, then I'll not even consider going.

They better be on tour with other power metal bands. If it's Firewind nestled between shitty death metal band A and unrelated hardcore/metalcore band B, then I'll not even consider going.
Well, I'll go anyway 'cause I just can't resist, but I have to agree with you. I really am getting sick to death of catching a great band's 30-45 min. set sandwiched in between a bunch of loud, screeching, no-talent crap.:zombie: And I get the enviable pleasure of driving all the way to NYC and paying through the nose to do it. Let's hope they get with someone decent. :rolleyes:

I don't really care who they will tour with. I'll just go to see Firewind. Chances are they will be paired up with some crappy band, but Firewind will probably be opening, so why not just go then leave after Firewind?

I don't really care who they will tour with. I'll just go to see Firewind. Chances are they will be paired up with some crappy band, but Firewind will probably be opening, so why not just go then leave after Firewind?
If they play B.B. King's:
Gas for 120 mile round trip
$5 in tolls for GSP and Turnpike
$6 for Lincoln Tunnel
$20 parking
$25 (approx.) for ticket if I don't get a pass
$7/beer at B.B. Kings if I'm stupid enough to buy one

All that for an opening set. But, as I said before, I'll go anyway. I usually do about once a month. I just wished more bands would play the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ. It's a much better club anyway and draws about the same crowd.

$6 for Lincoln Tunnel
$20 parking

All that for an opening set. But, as I said before, I'll go anyway. I usually do about once a month. I just wished more bands would play the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ. It's a much better club anyway and draws about the same crowd.

Did you get to see the Anthrax reunion show at the Starland Ballroom? :worship:

Obviously being the big Firewind whore I am....would be all over that.

Even a BB Kings show Id drive 5 hours for it.

This is great news! The new album is amazing. I'm actually kind of hoping they'll be the support act for someone else because then there would probably be a better chance of them stopping in NC.

$6 for Lincoln Tunnel
$20 parking

I totally understand where you're coming from. While it costs me practically nothing to travel into Manhattan, paying $25-30 just to see one band for 30-40 minutes is not my idea of a bargain. I've done it, of course, but I still don't care to. So let's hope Firewind gets put on a package that makes sense since I can't imagine them headlining.

~C

If Firewind is doing a US tour in 2007...and playing progpower....who else in the century media/nuclear blast family is playing prog power and already has a us tour planned.....

perhaps this is gonna be a Sonata Arctica/Firewind tour?