First Album (and label release) I've done

Kalapuikko

Kuru
Mar 5, 2008
Finland
Hi, I'm not so frequent poster here but I've been reading the forums a long time. This January I finished the mix of an album from a Finnish metal/rock band called Nicumo which I also recorded, so I wanted to post it here in case someone would be interested. :)

(Sorry about the hideous youtube-quality)

After finishing the mix I felt somewhat uncertain about it (a feeling I guess many of us know) but looking back and taking all the circumstances in account I guess I can at least live with it. :D (Well I don't have a choice, do I?) At least it was a huge learning point in many aspects, and the band was really stoked about the outcome.

Actually a couple days ago I received news from the band that the album was in top 50 of Finnish record sales, at place 24 :D Surely, it tells a lot about the record sales of our time, but nevertheless it's really nice for the band and I'm happy for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig the song and the mix. Well done and congrats

Thanks a lot!

way solid mix! congrats on the charting, hope it leads to much more work for you

Thank you, though I doubt that will affect that much considering that the band is quite unknown and the record sales in Finland really aren't that big. :)