Ooh, I've really done it now (or: my philosophy on guitarists)

I think this pic is appropriate (I saw it on the HCAF)

Riveting_tale.jpg

It was only 5 years ago that I would walk into a store, ask the assistant behind the counter for a metalzone to throw into a VALVESTATE, then proceed to turn the treble to max, mid to min, bass to max and play "devoured by vermin" and think to myself, "fuck yeah thats sounds tough!" Even went to buy a bass cabinet and a cross over so we could send those bad arse bass frequencies through it so it would sound tighter. FUCK, What was I thinking! Had that setup for around 2 -3 years, then stumbled across this forum.

Trouble now is, back then it cost me around a grand for that shitty tone.
Now that I have spent 10 grand on guitar equipment, is it 10 times better?, not yet, but could it be?, hell yeah! Eagerly awaiting that day ....................

Update: pretty proud of this bit too :D

jdurso said:
although i do think you fail to see the big picture of a rig and come off like there is one way of doing things because reputable engineers say so. And before you get things twisted I'm not saying thats what you meant because I will give you more credit than that, its just how your posts come off.

Me said:
Actually, I think it would be more accurate to say I come off like I'll always trust the opinion of an engineer/guitarist-engineer on guitar tone over someone who is a guitarist only, and will dubiously regard any piece of gear until I hear recorded clips of it that sound good and change my mind (which has most definitely happened before). And I'd say that just about sums up my stance! :)

the whole "BUT BLACK PEOPLE LIKE MELON AND FRIED CHICKEN" thing is a commonly quoted thing when someone's being sarcastic.
of course it's bullshit, THATS WHY HE SAID IT MAN
mark isn't a racist, he's solid as fuck