first kranktest

I really like this tone. What was the signal chain for this clip?

I'm interested to hear some blended tones as well.

thanks. chain was my ESP MI with an EMG81 through 808. Cab (Engl 4x12 v30) was miced with a single sm57 API preamp, Apogee A/D.
no postprocessing whatsoever.

Blended tones will follow within the next days (6 Tracks, Recto, 5150, krank-only and all the blend-combinations).

I've already tried a bit blending and can already say that I love the Stein for blending with another AMp.

thanks. chain was my ESP MI with an EMG81 through 808. Cab (Engl 4x12 v30) was miced with a single sm57 API preamp, Apogee A/D.
no postprocessing whatsoever.

Blended tones will follow within the next days (6 Tracks, Recto, 5150, krank-only and all the blend-combinations).

I've already tried a bit blending and can already say that I love the Stein for blending with another AMp.

Awesome! I can't wait to hear them. I'm very interested in this.

I haven't had the opportunity to play or record any krank amps yet and I have a band coming in at the end of the month that wants to use a stein.

Also which API preamp was that? 512c? I have a Shadow Hills Mono Gama on the way but after this arrives I will be purchasing some form of API preamp. I really like the API on guitar from what I've heard.

Awesome! I can't wait to hear them. I'm very interested in this.

I haven't had the opportunity to play or record any krank amps yet and I have a band coming in at the end of the month that wants to use a stein.

Also which API preamp was that? 512c? I have a Shadow Hills Mono Gama on the way but after this arrives I will be purchasing some form of API preamp. I really like the API on guitar from what I've heard.

3124+

I LOVE the API on guitar and drums!

sounds good man...

Is that M1 the current Alder version??

-Joe

nope, older Customshop-model.

still mapleneck thru alder-body

entire%20front.JPG

That sounds really good, sir.
In addition to sounding good - that geetar looks nice.
I'd like to know if she has a sister ....

is it Doom's day that everybody post samples of this Nemesis song?)

There's something about the beginning of that song -- it is a lot easier to play than it sounds and it's fun, too, and it just straight up kicks ass. :headbang::headbang:

Incidentally, the one time I've ever heard a band cover AE at a show it was this song as well. Very interesting observation Brett.

Edit: not a lot easier to play, just easier, I should say.

It has a pretty nice character to it, but also a lot of sssshhhhhssss ;) It's a bit too scooped, as well.
Anyway, I'm sure you'll be getting better results in a matter of days or as soon as you get to play in front of the amp.

that's cool... buuut, I'm not one to usually say this, but maybe a bit too much gain (that hurts to say). it's a bit over saturated and blurry or undefined. my experience with my Rev1 is it takes a bit to find just the spot between too less and too much.

Uh, then get an M-II?

The M-II is one I've considered as well, but it has a trem. I prefer hard tail/string thru guitars. We get screwed on ESPs. The NT-II Horizon is nice too, but very limited in colors.

The Jackson SL2HT is a possibility too.
:)

-Joe

Ha, I just was playing abit at bedroom level (not even)...literally the QUIETEST I could get out of the stein, I had to dime the API preamp to get a usable signal (normally pretty muchz everything is too hot for the API, even with the pad engaged), so you have an Idead how quiet it really was...

still I kinda liked the tone (for those circumstances)...I will post something better tomorrow but here is how it sounds hardly making any sound at all:

(sorry for sloppy playing etc, I was just trying something and didnt actuylly intend to record it or even make it sound good...clipping all ove the place ;) )

http://lsd-tonstudio.de/Gavin/Kranksilent.mp3

again, no post-processing at all!

please check back tomorrow for better/louder tracks.

might be my favorite amp so far

Cool clip! The Krank sounds great. I posted a clip of Nemesis on this board as well. I used my Mesa Boogie Mark IV. More of a vintage sound but thought it turned out pretty good.