First Local Band Production!

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Hey guys,

Last week I recorded the first track of a local bands thats just formed and am curious on some opinions on the mix.

Drums are programmed and they wanted them fairly rawish...

They used their guitar and bass for the tracking which was a LTD M-50 that has ancient strings on them, standard gauge in drop C...:puke: then the bass was a Peavey Grind 6 string with a light gauge on once again....but also old as shit strings with little definition.

Tried to polish them up as much as possible anyway.

Let me know what you think....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/451140/Reflection_Mstr3.mp3

Definitly sounds like a Jaymz mix to me man!
Were there stock pickups in the ltd? usually in that pricerange they're rather crappy :/
But it sounds cool to me anway man, congrats!

drums sound great man, slate? like the vox too, not too keen on the guitars though.

love this mix, i love the guitar tone. This is the sorta tone my band are looking for, is there much post eqing done to this?

love this mix, i love the guitar tone. This is the sorta tone my band are looking for, is there much post eqing done to this?

Cheers dude! I thought the guitars turned out better than I expected actually....a little under-gained but the guitar player wasn't a very heavy picker.

Pretty much just a LP/C4 and taming a few nasty frequencies for post EQ.

digging the guitars! vocals could be a bit more upfront, drums sound pretty good as well. is this superior??

Sounds great man. You're definitely on the same page as me when it comes to drum punch and high content.

I would reamp those guitars again though, I know you can do better.

Cheers guys, the drums are Metal Foundry with samples augmenting the kick and snare 123explode.

Greg, aye ive practiced mixing drums the most out of anything :lol:

I did what I always do with reamps and thats how it turned out. The DI's were shocking due to weak picking, old and floppy strings and really guff passive pups into my Redeye.

If these guys want to come back and do a EP's worth ill insist on using one of my guitars.