First mix..beginner ;)

I would say stereo imaging has a lot to do with what you are describing. Great first mix, I would like to add that the editing could be improved, the break down at the end sounded like a stutter / glitch! Try not to cut the waveform too aggressively, try a sloped fade to tighten the guitars. The guitar is tuned crazy low :-/

I would say stereo imaging has a lot to do with what you are describing. Great first mix, I would like to add that the editing could be improved, the break down at the end sounded like a stutter / glitch! Try not to cut the waveform too aggressively, try a sloped fade to tighten the guitars. The guitar is tuned crazy low :-/

Thx, haha yes the glitchy part is very unreal but i liked how tight it sounds, so i just left it :D

I panned everything to its place and minded the frequencies but there is something missing..like my guitars are panned hard L and R but they could sound much more L-R for my taste.. You know what i mean? :confused:

I panned everything to its place and minded the frequencies but there is something missing..like my guitars are panned hard L and R but they could sound much more L-R for my taste.. You know what i mean? :confused:

Maybe you edited the guitars so they are too perfect in time? That can sometimes make it sound like their is only one guitar, you also try different settings on each guitar track to make it sound more different from each other.

A stereo imaging works very differently than panning position, that clip you posted is also dynamically very controlled. A stereo imager creates a perceived wideness by adjusting the levels of the centre, left and right audio. An imager also creates early reflections (delay) short enough for the human ear to perceive the source and delayed audio as one, this is a great tool but for obvious reasons needs to be used with caution. Read about the hass effect for more information.

I would say bring the guitars up a bit in volume, perhaps add a tad more high-end to them as well. Snare needs to be lowered volume-wise, too. Other than that, very solid mix! The glitchy part is awesome. <:

Stereo Widener in the mastering is what I do to make the guitars sound just a little wider. I like the mix sound like it's pushing past the boundaries of the speakers.