First mix, could use some feedback :)

Love the music man, it's a great track ! Production-wise, I believe all is a matter of taste, so here's my 2cents ;

a) I feel the piano/acoustic guitar sound "bigger" (not just louder) than the rest of the band and this is what prevents your mix from sounding really powerful.
b) Watch out for the amount of peak distortion you have, try getting an even mix and then use your limiter to raise the "volume", paying attention to your release and knee settings to avoid more distortion.
c) Mono compatibility is weak in the beginning and produces some paraphrasis, so I guess you might want to check that out.
d) Guitars sound a bit harsh in the upper mid region and I think taking care of that would help a lot.

Again, these points are personal observations and don't take away from this really beautiful song - you've done a great job man !

Regards,
akarawd

akarawd, thank you very much for your kind words and the great feedback.
I decided to re-track the guitars using a totally different way and record a real bass course I was not happy with what I had to work with before (..you can't polish a turd...)
Here is the new and IMO much better version, it got a whole lot more body and does not feel as lifeless as the other

The few concerns atm is the bass, having a bit of trouble mixing the bass in this untreated room so im kinda unsure about it.
next is the guitars, do they need to be brighter (or maybe less bright?) ?.

But please listen and tell me what you think

NEWEST MIX: