First Mix of mine that I actually LIKE

adriencreator

New Metal Member
Dec 12, 2011
Now what is wrong with it?
I like it rough, so don't hold back.
This is a band that just finished recording here.
I don't know the song name so therefore. Song 1
:)
http://www.mediafire.com/?2bycgqja0a99ou9
Questions:
How can I make those vocals more powerful without taking away from the guitars and everything else in the mix?

With that being said, how can I make the guitars stand out under the vocals without being to loud?
Finally, how can I give this mix more punch? It sounds fine through sound isolated headphones with a lot of bass and my studio monitors, but lacks in regular headphones and computer speakers? How can I get a balance?
Overall:
Tell me what I should fix or contemplate fixing.

hey,

is it mastered?
in my opinion, the best way, to get good vocals is to have, at first, a good vocalist.
on the other side, you can use the good old dubbing or use some fx, like a little bit of distortion.
you have to mix every single instrument to get one "glued" sound, it's very hard to mix guitars and vocals, because they are using the same frequencies.
have you compressed and equalised everything the right way? the mastering is also very important, i could help you, just tell me, what you done and what not.

cheers, markus

hey,

is it mastered?
in my opinion, the best way, to get good vocals is to have, at first, a good vocalist.
on the other side, you can use the good old dubbing or use some fx, like a little bit of distortion.
you have to mix every single instrument to get one "glued" sound, it's very hard to mix guitars and vocals, because they are using the same frequencies.
have you compressed and equalised everything the right way? the mastering is also very important, i could help you, just tell me, what you done and what not.

cheers, markus
Yeah I have it going through Ozone 5 Advanced. And yeah for the most part it all should be good on EQ and compression. I've spent hours working on my channel settings for screams high and lows. And also guitars. I've spent too long working on guitars haha :rofl: I'll try adding some distortion.