LATEST MIX- HARDCORE- TEAR IT TO SHREDS

dankarghh

Nov 26, 2009
Australia
haha, thanks man.

in reverse? they were tracked with a at3035 in my bedroom into a mattress pushed into the corner. what do you suggest? a whole lot of comp etc on them now

Vocals stick out too much! Try using some reverb on them, maybe putting more bass? They seem quite weak sonically for the style. Hardcore vocals should kick you in the nuts.

Maybe some distortion on another channel mixed in?

the vocals are fine man, in the way that that must be the sound the band is going for, his vocals sound 100% like the vocalist from abandon all ships, if you want an idea how to mix that kind of wierd technique (taking a huge breath in after every word) then try and get some pointers from the abandon al ships stuff

they're verbed up pretty hard now, i cant seem to make them sit by using verb without it being over the top, let me know what you think

love the mix man, only thing id say is do something with the kick and snare to brighten them up or bring them out in the mix. other than that the guitars sound amazing what did you use?

the vocals definitely seem to sit better with the newer song. I think the drums could use a little more reverb and maybe add a 185-200hz boost on the snare. the toms definitely sound like they could be panned more. overall I really dig it though.

thanks guys ill look into it tomorrow for sure. guitars were reamped by ryan through his 5150 i believe, fredman style. then just some eq and saturation. i still can't seem to get it to commercial loudness, well, without increasing the output on ozone past zero :p