first mix of my band with real amps, real guitars melodic hardcore

yeah sure:

I used the pre-amp models in podfarm for a little glue/gain on the vocals.
They sound very nice to me. I think I used the american classic...

Then I used Waves rVox mostly for gating and some compression

Waves rDeEsser

Waves V-comp for harder compression and the character

and V-eq

I send this to a AUX bus and used waves doubler and rReverb

and mixed them together

Gangshouts are processed like I wrote in the thread "how do epic gangshouts"

cheers and thank you very much

wow ! very very cooll sounding!
congrats on that !

what snare is that ? like that!
and with real drums do you mean "real" samples ;-) like samples from your own snare ?

No

I searched my SSD samples for a snare and a kick that worked great with the original and blended them in
Toms are 100% real

The snare sound is a combination of a realy hard smashed room mic (nt2a with waves ssl comp->fastest attack and auto release with a high ratio, and v-eq to get rid off the kick and a high-cut at 12khz) OH mics (some great audix i borrowed) the real snare and the sample...

Kick is 100% replaced

It is the first time that I used emulations on every track that went to the output....

Thanks for the kind words!!!!

I'm loving it, I think it's great. Guitars have a nice clear crunch to them! Vocals sit well too.

I thought the drums were *just* a bit unbalanced, like I wanted the kick just a hair softer and the toms a hair louder; but I'm listening on crappy PC speakers so take that for what it's worth.

Melodic hardcore is fucking amazing, this is god damn perfect whats this band? GREAT GREAT GANG VOCALS

Music isn't my thing, but man do those gang vox sound fantastic indeed, well done! Guitars feel a bit small IMO, just kinda mids and not much else, and I feel the kick could come up, but overall cool job man! Oh, and I wouldn't mind a bit more body to the bass guitar, but I like the attack!

I really dont have much to say, aside from great job.

I would lose a "cunthair" (according to Lasse) of mids and maybe get a tad more presence on those geeetars. Otherwise this shit is illlll!

vox sound fantastic, there's one spot you might wanna edit the word "GREY" a smidge later so it comes in with the rest of the band. bass and guitar glue nicely, bass really separates the men from the boys in mixes like this (think set your goals) and you did a solid job with that. definitely sounds better than i would've accomplished, but like the other dudes were saying the guitar seems to be lacking just a tiny bit of beef...although everything is balanced so well that it may be difficult to get them bigger without hurting anything else.

Wow thank you guys for all the kind words!!!

Also it is just the first mix version, and I have 10 other songs to do...
So I think there will be some little changes at the end.

Also Lasse is going to master it with some great analog gear, so this will give the songs hopefully some extra 5-10%

I play guitar in this band called "BADGE OF APATHY"
the myspace link is in my signature

I´ll post newer mix versions soon